There is no doubt about the usefulness of the XVID file format. However, due to various reasons, you will need to convert XVID files into a common file format. That is exactly when you will need the assistance of a good XVID converter. If you are looking for a good XVID converter to convert XVID files to other formats, read this article.
One of the most significant characteristics associated with XVID file format is that its compactness. In other words, XVID files can maintain optimal quality while maintaining a small file size. Because of this compactness, XVID files are preferred by many individuals who share videos through the internet.
However, the downloaded XVID files give some issues when it comes to compatibility with players. In fact, this file format doesn’t work on Apple devices in particular. So, you will have to find a different device to play the XVID files. But, the most practical solution to this is converting XVID files into MP4 and play them in any player. As you may know, MP4 files are friendly with pretty much all the players available. This file format can have audio, video, subtitles and still images as a single file.
BTW, click to know the best VR Players for Android.
XVID can be described as a video codec library. This respective library follows a special video coding standard called MPEG-4. As a matter of fact, XVID is not a video file format. It is more of a program that lets you compress and decompress video files to MPEG-4. Technically, XIVD files can comprise of the optimal file quality of DVD, but it takes substantially smaller space. In addition to that, transferring XVID files is a very easy process thanks to the lightweight they possess. Regardless of all those benefits, there are several instances in which you will need to convert XVID into MP4. Here are some of those instances in which you will have to use an XVID converter.
1. XVID doesn’t work with iOS devices
If you use an Apple device, XVID files will give you a really hard time. In simplest terms, Apple devices are not compatible with the XVID file format. Your iPhone, iPad or iPod will not be able to play any XVID file. So, if you have already downloaded an XVID file on your iOS device, you must convert it.
2. It is not compatible with various portable players
Apart from iOS devices, XVID shows poor compatibility with many other portable devices and players. In fact, a considerable number of modern-day video players don’t play XVID files. To play these files, you should get them converted into MP4.
3. Editing XVID files can be really difficult
You should know that XVID is not that popular when compared to file formats such as MP4. So, many video editors don’t accept XVID as a compatible file format. Well, if you need to edit the contents of XVID files, you should convert it into MP4.
Well, those are the reasons you should convert XVID files into a more compatible format on a windows platform.
If you intend to convert an XVID file into another format, you should use a powerful video converter. And, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is among the best XVID converters in the industry today. In fact, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is considered to be a powerful and reliable software to convert videos.
This unique program is compatible with over 1000 file formats. More importantly, it doesn’t cause any data loss during the conversion. That means the output file will have the same quality as the original file. The developers update Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate constantly.
Now, let’s take a look at the most notable features integrated with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
- It can convert Opus to MP3, convert ISO to MKV, ISO to MP4, AVCHD to MP4 file, convert video files to MP4 and other formats like AVI, MOV
- It is compatible with more than 1000 file formats (it supports VR and 4K formats as well)
- This tool can convert videos to be compatible with different devices such as Xbox, iPhones, etc.
- The special technology called APEXTRANS to render the frames 30 times faster compared to ordinary converters
- It can download videos from over 10,000 video sharing sites (such as YouTube), VEVO, etc.)
- It can record videos played online and computer screen
- Work as a DVD burning software that makes disks to be played with standard DVD players
- Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate can even edit the videos (cropping, adding, trimming, etc.)
- It can add subtitles to videos
- Compatible with all the Mac and Windows operating systems that are used today
Step-by-step guidance on using XVID converter
Now, let’s see how to use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
First, download the software and get it installed on your Windows computer.
01. As the first step, you should open Video Converter Ultimate on the PC to see the home screen. On this screen, you will be able to find an option labeled “Add Files“. This is located under the “Convert” tab. Then, you should browse for the file you need to convert. However, if you like, you can drag and drop the file you need.
02. Now, you should define the file format of the output file. To do this, you should go to the software interface and select the option labeled “Convert All Files To“. Then, select the file format you require.
03. After defining the output file format, you should start the conversion process easily. To make it possible, you should press the “Convert” button. The program will start to convert the file based on the output file format you have provided. At the completion of this process, you will be able to find it in the category “Converted“.
It is no secret that desktop-based software can work reliably and solidly as XVID converter tools. However, you cannot expect a highly professional software like Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate to be free. So, if you don’t need to pay for software, you can consider an online XVID converter. But these online tools are more suitable for minor conversion tasks. In other words, online converters are not for those who expect professional results.
The list of online converters is a pretty long one. Most of these tools can convert XVID into MP4 and other file formats easily. In this section of the article, we expose a powerful online tool that can convert XVID videos conveniently. In this case, we will use a special online tool called Convertio File Converter. This specific program can convert a variety of files including video, audio, PDF, documents, etc. It can acquire files through various sources including URLs, DropBox, Google Drive, etc. This tool allows saving the converted files either on Google Drive or Dropbox.
How to use Convertio.co File converter as an XVID converter
01. Go to the link https://convertio.co/ using any web browser on your computer.
02. Then, click on the option labeled “Select Files to Convert“.
03. You should now browse for your XVID source file that is located on the computer.
04. After adding the files to the XVID converter, you should select an output file format. In this case, you should select MP4.
05. Click on the button labeled “Convert“.
06. At the completion of a successful conversion, you should see that the respective file is available to download.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is a desktop-based software that shows excellent stability and functionality. If you are a professional who engages in file conversions regularly, using a desktop-based software is the best option.
Compared to the previous option we emphasized, this online converter comes with a smaller number of features. The speed of the conversion process is substantially slower as opposed to desktop-based software. Its speed depends solely on the quality of the network connection. However, if you are looking for a basic XVID converter for free, this can be a good option.
If you need to do some heavy conversion work with better reliability, choose a desktop XVID converter. However, if you don’t expect anything advance, an online XVID converter tool can be a decent option.