Many iPhone users find that after a certain time iPhone using, their mobile phones are tend to perform much more slowly. The only way to solve it is to reset it. In fact, we have two types of resetting iPhone: Soft reset & hard reset. You don’t need to know these technique terms, you can find how to reset your iPhone from iCloud or iTunes without computer.
Part 1. How to Reset your iPhone from iTunes
- Step 1. Use an Apple USB to connect your iPhone with your computer. Then launch iTunes.
- Step 2. You can see a button named your iPhone in iTunes in the left menu, click it.
- Step 3. Click the button named Restore iPhone. The resetting process is began. You need to click the Restore button to confirm this reset action on iTunes. The whole process needs several minutes to be completed. Make sure your iPhone is attached to the computer during the procedure.
- Step 4. When finished, iTunes will ask if you want to set a new backup file to restore the iPhone. Select one of the recent backup files to restore. If you plan to sell this iPhone, you should select the button named “Set up as a new iPhone”.
Backup all the data on your iPhone with iClould before reset your iPhone, so that you won’t lose the important data.
- Step 1. Click the Settings in your iPhone, and choose General>Reset> Erase All Content and settings.
- Step 2. Click the Reset button to confirm this reset action.The whole process needs several minutes to be completed.
- Step 3. When finished, iCloud will ask if you want to set a new backup file to restore the iPhone. Select one of the recent backup files to restore. If you plan to sell this iPhone, you should select the button named “Set up as a new iPhone”.
iCloud is a convenient and helpful way to reset your iPhone. Firstly, you should click Tap Setting and then iCloud. After that, click the button named Find My iPhone. Then you need a computer to complete the reset process.
- Step 1. Launch the iCloud website (icloud.com) and click Search My iPhone
- Step 2. Choose All Devices. Find and choose your iPhone.
- Step 3. You can choose one of these three available ways to reset your iPhone. No1 is playing sound. No2 is lost mode. No3 is to erase iPhone. Here we take the last way as an example. Click the button named Erase iPhone and then your iPhone will be set to the factory settings. Select one of the recent backup files to restore. If
With the help of iMyfone Umate Pro, you can reset your iPhone as a brand new mobile phone without any passcode or personal data. And not any data recovery tool can retrieve your data back, including iMyfone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery. This is the safest way you can choose if you plan to re-sale your iPhone.
- Step 1. Download and install iMyfone Umate Pro on the computer. Run it and attach iPhone to your computer.
- Step 2. Click “ERASE ALL DATA” and choose your preferring security level.
- Step 3. Begin the iPhone reset process.