WeChat has been among the top smartphone messaging apps for a few years. Right next to WhatsApp and Kik messenger, thousands of users are using WeChat every day – recent reports have shown that the app has over one billion active accounts! So, if you’re one of the many users, you might be looking at the different WeChat recovery solutions.
Just like any other smartphone messenger, if there are important messages, then you’ll have to take regular backups. But, even if you do take data backups, there’s always the chance of data loss hitting right before you take the next backup. So, if you’re unlucky enough to experience data loss or you desperately need account recovery, we’re here to help.
At first, it might seem a bit random to recover WeChat data. That said, remember that not everyone takes backups of their important data. This means that if they break their iPhone, drop it in a puddle, or accidentally delete an important message, recovery is essential to securing the lost data. A few common reasons include:
- data lost after updating the iOS version
- corrupt data after updating WeChat’s app
- broken iPhone making the data inaccessible
- accidental deletion or human error
You’ll be happy to hear that regardless of why you might need to recover WeChat data, our solutions will assist you.
Before proceeding to how you can recover WeChat data, another relatively common issue that users are faced with is losing access to their account. Again, here are some reasons for WeChat blocking your account and disallowing access:
- you have broken the WeChat Terms of Service
- or you didn’t download WeChat from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store (e.g., third-party app stores or websites)
- you have been using WeChat on an Android emulator or another unconventional platform
- your WeChat account uses a virtual (or fake) phone number
Losing access to your WeChat account is just as inconvenient as losing data. So, here are a few quick ways to regain access to WeChat and your account.
Solution #1 – Reinstall the WeChat Application
Sounds ridiculous, but it works! We’ve done some testing and found that you can unlock your WeChat account with a simple reinstallation. All it requires is you to remove the app and its data, install it once again, and then sign in with your account.
- Step #1 – Force close the WeChat app by double-clicking the home button and swiping upwards.
- Step #2 – Go to “Settings > General > iPhone Storage” and locate WeChat from the list that is shown.
- Step #3 – Tap on the app’s listing and then on “Delete App”. This will completely delete the app and all relevant data.
- Step #4 – After the app is done uninstalling, open the App Store and search “WeChat” in the search menu.
- Step #5 – Redownload WeChat and sign in with your account again.
The only reason for this effectively fixing the WeChat recovery issues that we face is that the app itself is corrupt. As such, a quick re-installation will verify the app’s files and make sure that it’s been installed accordingly.
Solution #2 – WeChat Glitch That Can Unlock Your Account
A few months ago, it was found that there is a WeChat glitch which can unlock accounts. Don’t misunderstand – this isn’t a way to hack into other WeChat accounts. Instead, if you simply use the “Forgot Password?” option, you can quickly remove the block.
- Step #1 – Open the WeChat app and if you already signed in with your account, sign out.
- Step #2 – Tap on “Forgot Password” and the security center will appear.
- Step #3 – Select “Unblock Account or Features” and follow the steps which are shown on-screen.
- Step #4 – Eventually, after entering a few pages of details, your account will be accessible again.
Some people might believe this glitch is harmful or dangerous, but that’s not the case! There’s no way that hackers can use this against you and all it can do is remove account blocks.
Solution #3 – Get in Touch with WeChat Support
If all else fails, get in touch with their support team. Like most social app support teams, you can expect the WeChat support to provide you with great assistance when it comes to WeChat recovery.
Step #1 – Open the WeChat Help Centre and fill in the information that it requests.
Step #2 – Write a brief description of why you are contacting them. Consider putting your phone number, email address, and any other information you feel might be relevant.
Step #3 – For the category option, choose “Account security > Account blocked”.
Step #4 – Submit the support request, and they’ll get back to you in due course.
It’s important to keep in mind that most of the time, WeChat recovery support won’t just hand over your account. Typically, they will ask you some security questions to make sure that you are actually the account owner before discussing the account itself.
Not had any account problems? Perhaps you’ve lost the app data instead, and if that’s so, we’ve got solutions to help with that too. Follow one of the guides below and find out how to go about WeChat data recovery.
Solution #1 – iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery
Right at the top of our list is iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery. There’s no disappointment to be had with this tool, and WeChat data recovery couldn’t be any easier. A few of this solutions’ most notable features are:
- Extract data straight from an iTunes or iCloud backup
- Compatible with various data types such as photos, videos, voice memos, notes, and much more
- Works with iOS devices that are running iOS 12
- Recovers data from iPhones which are broken
- Various data recovery options to ensure a high rate of successful recoveries
What’s not to love? A multi-purpose data recovery tool that works with any iOS device – it’s perfect. Get your hands on the free trial version, and we’ll show you how to use it.
Using iMyFone for WeChat Recovery
Does iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery pique your interest? Great – you can start using it in just a matter of minutes. Following our guide below, you can do WeChat data recovery easily and effectively.
Step #1 – Download and install iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery on your computer. An internet connection is necessary to do this.
Step #2 – Open the program and connect your iPhone using the appropriate Apple USB cable.
Step #3 – Use the sidebar menu to locate and select “Recovery from iOS Device”.
Step #4 – Hit the “Start” button to begin and on the following menu, click “WeChat”.
Step #5 – Press “Next” and once your iPhone is shown, click on “Scan” and wait while your device is thoroughly scanned.
Step #6 – Most iPhone’s will take just a few minutes to scan, likely less. After the scan is complete, click on “WeChat” and choose whichever messages you want to restore to your iPhone.
Step #7 – Repeat this by clicking on “WeChat Attachment” and selecting the attachments that you want for WeChat recovery.
Note: for users who want to recover everything from WeChat, check the boxes next to “WeChat” and “WeChat Attachment“.
Step #8 – Finally, click on “Recover” and choose a safe folder to store the data in.
Just a matter of minutes and your WeChat data will be readily available once again. Fortunately, if you haven’t bought iMyFone D-Back already, a free trial is available too.
Solution #2 – dr.fone – Restore Social App
Only a few pieces of software can perform in the same way that dr.fone – Restore Social App can, thus we highly recommend giving it a shot. Instead of wasting time and gambling WeChat data recovery with iTunes, this guarantees successful results.
- Easily restore (and back up) data from an iOS device from apps such as WhatsApp, Kik, and of course, WeChat
- It can put WeChat backup to PC & export app data directly from an iOS device without using iTunes
- Selectively take backups of social app data & transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with minimal hassle
- Backup and restore data from literally any iOS device that you have
- Preview your device’s data before you take a backup, and also before restoring a backup
- Android and iOS devices can both benefit from dr.fone – Restore Social App
You won’t be disappointed if you use this solution. These features are just some of the many capabilities which we can associate with dr.fone!
How to Use dr.fone to Recover WeChat Data
There’s no doubt in our mind that you’ll want to try out dr.fone. After all, it offers more than just WeChat data management. If you decide to try out dr.fone – Restore Social App then check out the steps below for assistance on how to use it.
After you take the time to install this software on your computer, prepare your iPhone and follow these steps accordingly.
Step #1 – Open dr.fone and from the main menu you must select “Restore Social App“.
Step #2 – Use a lightning cable to connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step #3 – Back on dr.fone, click on “WeChat” from the sidebar. Note that if you want to recover data from other social apps, the same instructions will apply.
Step #4 – Click the “Restore” button and then, on the next menu, choose one of the backups. Of course, click on one of the backups containing the data you plan on recovering.
Step #5 – Following this, click “Next” and wait while dr.fone scans the backup for WeChat data.
Step #6 – Browse the different categories (Chat history and WeChat attachment) and check the box next to whatever chats you’d like to restore.
Note: want to restore everything? No problem – check the box next to “Chat history” in order to restore all of your chats, and next to “WeChat attachment” for the corresponding attachments.
Step #7 – Click on “Restore to Device” and after a few minutes (or more if you restore thousands of messages), the data will be on your iPhone again.
Like we said before: these same steps are usable for WhatsApp and other social apps that dr.fone is compatible with. During the restore, you can limit the restoration to only the data you want on the iPhone!
To Conclude for WeChat Data Recovery
Lost your account? Delete an important message by accident? Maybe you dropped your smartphone, and it’s broken? Whatever the problem is, this guide covers everything you need to know about WeChat recovery. Messenger apps like WeChat and WhatsApp are becoming more and more popular, and everyone who experiences data loss will have different inconveniences. Hopefully, by trying out some of these quick and easy solutions, you’ll have found the fix you need.