One of the great things about downloading videos from YouTube, and other websites, is that you can watch them offline. But this isn’t the only benefit that you can reap from using a URL to MP4 converter. Video hosting sites have begun introducing a “pay to watch” system, meaning that you have to pay every time you want to watch specific videos. This system is profitable for the likes of YouTube, but it can put a hole in your wallet if you spend hours of your day watching content. So, for that reason, here is a list of MP4 converters that you can use to download all of your favorite videos from various websites.
Top 1 URL to MP4 Converter – Wondershare UniConverter (Video Converter Ultimate)
Let’s start with the best solution available, Wondershare UniConverter. With this program, you don’t have to worry about the limits of converting URL to MP4 online. Some key features of this program are:
- Download videos from YouTube and over 10,000 other video hosting websites
- Batch download multiple videos at once
- Download all of the videos on a YouTube playlist together
- Convert videos automatically after they have been downloaded. This mp4 compressor can convert M2TS to MP4, convert FLV2MP4, MP3 to M4R, AVCHD to MP4
- Transfer videos straight to a smart device after the program downloads them
- Providers users with video editing feature too
- Includes DVD burning, converting, and editing features
- Free to use!
Retrieving videos couldn’t be any easier. All of your videos will be downloadable in a selection of qualities so that lossless downloads are possible. However, you might not want to use a program like this, so if you want to convert URL to MP4, there are a few other options.
#2 – Clip Converter
If an online converter is what you want then ClipConverter is what you’re looking for. This is a free online video converting service that supports various video hosting websites. From Facebook videos to YouTube and even the likes of Vimeo, ClipConverter has you covered.
The main features to take note of with ClipConverter are:
- Users can upload videos to convert them to various formats
- Doesn’t require any installations or account registration
- Simple to use and doesn’t include any advanced features
- Download videos after converting them to MP4 or AVI, or some audio formats too
- Download videos in HD formats, including 4K resolution
Considering the fact that this is a free URL to MP4 convert solution, you can’t go wrong. That said, you might find it useful to try out some of the different websites before making a decision.
#3 – Zamzar
Another free website that you can use for converting online videos to MP4 is Zamzar. Supporting hundreds of file formats, more than most other websites, Zamzar comes with a simplistic yet incredibly innovative set of features.
- Convert a max of 50MB of files per conversion
- Not limited to just the MP4 format
- Upload videos from your PC to convert
- After the videos are converted, a download link is sent to your email address
- Steps are given to make the process easy to follow
As you can see, this is a pretty straightforward program. You can either convert an online video or a video from your computer, but the one downside is that there is a 50MB limit. For users who want to convert a lot of videos this is a huge limitation.
#4 – Convertio
Next is Convertio, another relatively well-known video converter. With an attractive interface, Convertio is easy to navigate, and as a result, it makes downloading videos an enjoyable, stress-free experience. Even though most converters are strictly for YouTube, you can download from virtually any site as this website supports more than just YouTube.
- Download videos quickly and in a high quality
- Free and no need for registration
- Convert videos using a URL or directly from your Google Drive/Dropbox account
- Drag and drop videos from your PC to the website
- Supports various video formats
Again, this is a free solution which enables you to convert videos easily. The modern interface makes the process less boring, and all together, it’s hassle-free!
#5 – Convert2MP3
The final website that we’re going to show you is slightly different to the others. While you can convert videos from URL to MP4, you can also convert to MP3. After visiting the website, you’ll be able to copy a video link, or if you’d prefer, you can use the search feature and find the video that you want to download.
- Choose a resolution for the videos that you want to download
- Includes a search feature to make locating videos easier
- Download either MP4 video files or MP3 if you want to download just audio
- Quick conversions every single time
- Completely free to use
Convert2MP3 is without a doubt a flexible site when it comes to conversions, and if you’re going to be traveling, then you can either download MP4 videos or MP3 audio files.
How to Use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
As the most reliable option is a desktop app, we’re going to walk you through using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. The following steps will give you an insight as to how you can convert URL to MP4 with ease.
Step #1 – Start by downloading the program on your computer and launching it.
Step #2 – On a web browser, locate the video that you want to download. Highlight and copy the URL found in the address bar at the top of the browser window.
Step #3 – Go to the Video Converter Ultimate program and select the “Download” tab. Press the “+ Paste URL” button, and the video will instantly start to download.
Step #4 – You can download multiple videos at once by repeating these steps and if you need to stop the downloads at any moment, click “Pause All“.
It doesn’t end there – you can also choose a download format. You don’t just have the option to download URL to MP4. To choose another format, click on “Download then Convert Mode“, and you will then be shown the different formats you can download videos as.
Transfer Videos to Smartphone
Another handy feature is that you can transfer the videos you download straight over to your smartphone. Here’s how to do exactly that.
Step #1 – Connect your smartphone using a USB cable. On the Download page, click on the “Finished” option and right-click on any video that you want to transfer, then click on “Add to Transfer List“.
Step #2 – Click the “Transfer” tab at the top of the program. On the far right of the screen, click the drop-down menu and select your smart device.
Step #3 – Finally, click “Transfer All” and after the process completes, you will find the videos on your device.
This extra feature makes it incredibly easy to watch videos on the go. You don’t have to look for ways to download videos on your smartphone, and you don’t have to waste valuable data either.
Why Use Wondershare UniConverter?
As we previously said, it’s much more beneficial to use a URL to MP4 converter program. Rather than using an online solution, Video Converter Ultimate has the following benefits:
- No Download Speed Limits. When you use an online converter, the server speed contributes to the download speed. This means that even if you have incredibly fast internet, the download could take hours. Using this program means that the download speed completely depends on your own connection!
- Download Videos in Batch. Most video converters don’t give you this option. Instead of waiting for each video to download, you can create a list of videos within Video Converter Ultimate. After adding all the videos, you can leave your computer and let the downloads complete.
- Download in Various Formats. With this program, you can download videos in a wide range of formats. Alternatively, if you use an online converter, there are only a few formats for users to choose from.
- Adjust the Video Quality. Most online converters will automatically set the video quality to the lowest quality available. In contrast, Video Converter Ultimate is the opposite and lets you choose from all of the available video qualities.
These are the main perks of using a solution like Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. You aren’t bound by the limits of an online converter because there is nothing but benefits!
To Conclude for URL to MP4 Converter
Hopefully, now you’ll have a solid understanding of the benefits that come with using a program like Wondershare UniConverter. There’s no doubting that using a URL to MP4 converter also provides benefits. However, a program like this gives you more control over downloading your videos. All in all, whether you choose a desktop program or a website solution, one of the solutions above will help you.