어떤 대형 시스템 볼륨 정보를 만들고 그것을 해결하는 방법?
각각의 루트와 컴퓨터의 모든 드라이브에서, there is a hidden folder known as the System Volume Information Folder. You can unhide it to confirm its presence, but you don’t have permission to access it for your computer’s hard drive even as an administrator. Many times, I have seen people complaining that this folder is consuming a vast space in their hard drive, and the size is growing larger over time. The folder is present not only in your hard drive but also in the external devices (like external USB devices) that you connect with your computer.
So what is the use of this folder? For which type of drives you can access to this folder? 과, what makes this 시스템 볼륨 정보 대에게 enough to occupy such a huge space in your drive. Is there any method to fix this problem? 경우 예, what is it? I have discussed all of these points in this article. So keep reading.
추신: 이리, you will figure out how to fix issues such as: 잘못된 시스템 설정 정보 윈도우 10, service host local system high disk memory and CPU, 만큼 잘 시스템이 지정된 파일을 찾을 수 없습니다 용이하게.
Use of System Volume Information
The System Volume Information is a protected folder which stores some critical data like System Restore Points, Indexing Service Database, NTFS Disk Quota Settings, Volume Shadow Copy, DFS Replication, and File Deduplication Service Database, and Distributed Link Tracking Service Database. This folder is available in all drives but remains invisible until you enable ‘show hidden and protected files and folders.’
All of the data stored by this folder is very important and necessary for operating the windows. 예를 들면, ‘System Restore Points‘ plays the major role in restoring your system to the previous points; ‘Distributed Link Tracking Service‘ is used to repair links; 과 ‘Volume Shadow Copy‘ is used for backups, 기타.
게다가, if you have problems with how to solve the file is too large for the destination file system, 지금 그것을 해결하기 위해 클릭.
Accessibility to The Folder
You can neither access nor delete this folder in the hard drive of your computer and the external devices formatted with the NTFS file system as well. But in case of the external devices formatted with exFAT or FAT32 file system, you have permission to access the System Volume Information Folder, and you can even delete it if needed.
The command that you need to execute in order to access this folder is as follows:
cacls “driveletter:\System Volume Information” /E /G username:에프
과, execute the command given below, to remove the access permission:
cacls “driveletter:\System Volume Information” /E /R username
What Makes the System Volume Information Large?
There are times when people complain that the system volume information folder is large. 기본적으로, the maximum space occupied by the folder is set to be 10GB in all computers. But it can grow even larger than that. As you very well understand that the folder that occupies a space in GB’s in your drive becomes a point of concern. That’s because you have limited space in your drives, whether it is a hard drive or any kind of external drive.
So the question here arises what makes the system volume information large enough to occupy that much space in your drives. 사실은, this folder stores the ‘system restore points’ which occupy the major part of the folder size. 과, the system restore points are the images of your system which are used to restore its previous versions.
Although the system volume information folder also stores some other types of data apart from the ‘system restore points’, yet they are not considered as the point of much concern. That’s because the ‘system restore point’ constitutes the major part of occupied folder size, as mentioned earlier also. It is the data which makes the system volume information large enough to make it a point of concern.
Can You Fix The Problem of Large System Volume Information Folder
Neither it is recommended nor are you allowed to delete the data stored in the System Volume Information folder if you are dealing with the hard drives and the external drives formatted with NTFS system. But if you are dealing with the external devices formatted with exFAT and FAT32, you are permitted to
- delete the old system restore points to reduce the folder size to free up space
- Set the limit for the space used by the system restore point
- disable the system restore mechanism completely
How To Fix The ‘System Volume Information Large’ 발행물?
To fix the problem, you can perform any of the above mentioned three tasks by following the procedure described below:
- 1. 온 클릭 ‘스타트‘ button in Windows 10
- 2. 로 이동 ‘설정‘ 다음 클릭 ‘체계.’
- 3. 이제 이동 ‘약‘ 그리고 ‘System info.’
- 4. ‘System Info‘ page will open up. 왼쪽에서, there is an option ‘System protection.’ Select it.
- 5. Now you will see a list of available drives in your computer. There is a ‘Configure’ button under that list. Here you have to select the drive for which you want to disable or delete the System Volume Information. Once you select it, 클릭 ‘Configure‘ 단추.
- 6. The dialog box for setting system protection for the selected drive will open up. Here you can enable or disable system protection of the selected drive. 기본적으로, the option ‘Turn on system protection‘ is set on. It means the system protection for the drive is enabled. While it is enabled, you can increase or decrease the maximum space occupied by the ‘system restore point,’ by making use of the ‘Max Usage‘ bar given below in the dialog box. And you can also delete the available old ‘system restore point’ to free up space in the system volume information folder. It will reduce its size. This deletion task can be performed by the ‘지우다‘ button provided below in the dialog box.
- 7. Set the option ‘Disable system protection’ ...에, if you want to disable the system restore mechanism completely.
Conclusion on ‘System Volume Information Large’ 발행물
Although you know what makes the system volume information large, yet you cannot access and delete it for your hard drives and the external devices with NTFS format. This folder plays a crucial role in operating your windows. Hence it is protected. You can just unhide it to ensure its presence in the drive. As you don’t have permission to access this folder for your hard drive, it is not possible for you to fix the problem of the large size of the folder for this drive. 그러나, 예, by using the method described above, you can fix the problem of large system volume information for your external devices with exFAT and FAT32 formats.