If you are an iPhone user, then you must have come across a sync session that failed to start error in your phone. The error will be persistent on the phone and will not go away that easily. The error has different variations to tit. Sometimes you are going to get a clean error saying sync session failed to start, and the other times you are going to get hit with ‘iTunes could not sync calendars to the iPhone because a sync session could not be started.’ One of the most annoying things about this error is that it doesn’t give out any more details about it.
If it had, then it would give the user some clue on how to take proper measures to fix the problem on the phone. Many iPhone users have reported on many forums seeing this problem on their phone. They even tried to troubleshoot on the PC and iTunes to try to fix the problem. Sometimes this problem would stay longer and won’t take any fix. The only option you will leave with is an ok button on the dialogue box.
Luckily there are ways you can try to fix the sync session failed to start error on your phone without taking any drastic measure. Here you will find all the methods you can try to fix the problem in a more manual way and automatic way. All the methods will have various sets of instructions; each one will be crucial to another. So please read it carefully so you can stop the error sync session failed to start from popping up on your system. If a method doesn’t seem to work out for you, then you can move to the next to get the proper fix.
PS: Click here to figure out Why is iTunes so slow and how to fix iPhone backup failed, as well as iTunes has an invalid signature during the installation with ease.
Way 1: Fix sync session failed to start by Update
sync session failed to start error can show up on the phone, if the phone has an outdated program version of iTunes and other software. Make sure to update this software to see if that helps you get rid of the problem. Here is a detailed guide to fix the problem.
- Connect your desktop computer to a network, after that launch iTunes.
- After launching iTunes, the get to ‘Help,’ then from here goto the ‘Check for update.’
- Here follow the instructions to update your drivers.
This will solve the problem, if it didn’t, then move on to the next method on the line.
Way 2: Fix sync session failed to start by Delete
Don’t worry; you don’t have to delete your backup data or anything. ‘sync session failed to start’ can also be caused by your old iTunes library. Deleting the old iTunes backups will solve the problem on your iPhone. Follow up below to solve the problem.
- Goto iTunes > here make your way to the preferences option.
- Choose Edit > Preferences option (For windows)
- After that click on devices
- Here will see the list of backups. Select the one you wish to delete. To know more information about the backup, you can hover the cursor on the backup.
- After you found the right backup to delete, click on ‘Delete Backup‘ and then hit ‘Confirm.’
- That’s it!
If this one didn’t do the trick, then switch to the next one for the fix.
Way 3: Fix sync session failed to start by iMyFone TunesFix
If you are facing any errors on your phone, then you use this software to fix the problem without trying to do it in a manual way. Sometimes even going by the old style of fixing the problem in a manual way won’t make any changes to the error. As now nowadays, errors are prone to be more consistent on their behavior, as they will fix into the system file. Taking the hand of an app to fix the problem will be considered as the right step to fix the problem.
This software has all the mechanics that you don’t have to deal with the problem in the manual way. Here the software will be able to auto-detect iTunes issues and give you a button for one-click repair. It will save plenty of time from finding the problem on your phone. Which can take a lot of time because the options are plenty on the phone? Installation of any third-party apps will create more problems on the way. That is why the auto-detection option will help you spot the problem and apply the proper fix to the problem.
iMyFone will help you fix the sync session failed to start error, repair iTunes issue without losing any data in the process, backup, restore, sync, update, uninstall, and correct errors. This makes this piece of software an all in one solution to all of the problems that an ordinary phone will face at least some point in its life. So it is better to prepare to fix the error than messing your head manually in the settings.
Follow the steps below to use iMyFone TunesFix to fix the problem on your phone.
- Download the iMyFone TunesFix Fix on your PC.
- Upon launching the app, you will see plenty of information on the screen. Each feature will link to that function being activated. Now the problem that we have on our hands right now is the resync session failed to start error.
- To fix the sync session failed to start error on your phone click Repair iTunes.
- If the iTunes sync session failed to start still persists on the phone, then move over to the Fix other iTunes problem to fix the problem.
- Here you will also have to click on the repair to fix the process.
You can also use this software to maintain your iPhone from latching on to any malware or corrupted data by using quick clean, or deep clean for a more in-depth cleaning on the phone. These options will help you clear out the problem at a much faster rate and will be more effective on your phone as it will clean out the cache, cookies, logs, junk, old backups. The deeper clean will clean hidden iOS backups from third-party tools.
Way 4: Fix sync session failed to start by TunesCare
Here is another software that you can use to fix the sync session failed to start a problem on your iPhone by using Tenorshare TunesCare. This app also has a bunch of features that can erase any problem on your phone easily and effectively. Just like the previous software, if you are facing any error on your phone regarding iTunes, and other features of the phone. If you are facing any problem, you can use Tenorshare TunesCare to remove the error off your phone in an instant completely.
Follow up below guide to figure out how to remove the error on your phone and make your phone faster.
- First, you have to download TunesCare and launch it on your PC. although the app does come with a lot of requirements for installation and running. But all modern computers will have enough for you to have a smoother experience.
- After installation, connect your iOS device to the computer with a USB cable. Tenorshare TunesCare well equipped with all sorts of functions that will detect the phone and the model name that it carries within it.
- You don’t have to add all the information about the phone that manual way. This saves plenty of time.
- When launching it, you can see two options on your screen. One is to the Fix iTunes Sync Problems and fixes all iTunes Issues.
- The problem here is sync session failed to start, so choose the Fix iTunes Sync Problems to start the process of repair.
- Once the repair process begins, wait patiently until it gets done.
- After the process, you will see your functions acting normally as it supposed to be, or as it once was.
That’s it, if you followed all the methods above, you would have a functioning iPhone with Functional iTune options. No longer do you have to face the sync session failed to start error on your phone? If you face any other errors regarding iTunes, you will have software in your hand that will be capable of fixing any problem that is attached to iTunes.
All the methods above will provide you with the best solution to fix your sync session failed to start a problem on your computer. As some of the methods have tighter instructions, but if you follow them one by one without missing anything, then you will have all the knowledge to fix the problem in a matter of time, especially for iMyFone TunesFix and Tenorshare TunesCare. As you can tell, the problem here is really persistent.
‘sync session failed to start‘ can pop up any time on your computer, without giving you any rationale explaining how to solve the problem. You can try out the methods above to solve the problem if you are having a problem with one trying working with the next one.