There is no shortage of complaints from Microsoft Windows users about the error code 0x80070422 upon performing Windows updates. If you are among the many individuals who experience this issue, this is the perfect article for you. We are going to reveal several effective methods that you can use to get over with the 0x80070422 error. More importantly, the methods we explain here are simple and fast. Even if you are a beginner user, you can follow these methods pretty easily.
Note: If you also face these errors, just click to fix it as well: WSAPPX high CPU, there was a problem resetting your pc, service host local system high disk, how to recover unsaved or deleted word document.
As the first and most basic method, let’s learn how to restart the Windows Update service. To perform this method, however, you should log into the PC from an Administrator account. That is because restarting Windows Update service requires administrative privileges to operate.
Here are the steps you should follow.
1. Press and hold Windows key on your keyboard. Without releasing the Windows key, press “R” key as well. You will then be able to see a box with “Run” command.
2. In the search field of this box, you should key in the command services.msc. Hit enter on your keyboard or press OK.
3. You will now find a lot of options as a list. Press the “W” key on the keyboard so you can navigate to the option “Windows Update” service easily.
4. After locating the “Windows Update” option, you should right click on it and choose the option “Properties“.
5. Now, you should ensure that you have selected Automatic for the Startup Type.
6. In addition to that, be sure that the Service status is set to be “Running“. Otherwise, you can click on the Start button to get it started. Afterward, you should hit Apply and press OK so the changes you made will be saved.
7. In addition to that, be sure to check the status of the following services.
If those services are stopped, you should right-click on them one by one and select the option “Start“.
You should now see that the 0x80070422 error is fixed.
The previous method we have mentioned should work for most of the Windows PC users. However, if it didn’t work for you, let’s try method 02. In this method, we should disable IPv6 on the Network Center. The steps are mentioned below for your convenience.
1. Press Windows and X keys simultaneously on the keyboard. You can then select the option “Network Connections“.
2. As the next step, you should go to the Network and Sharing Center which is located towards the right side of the window.
3. You can then find the connection which is activated right now. Then, click on the option to see the detailed information of the same connection.
4. You can now click on the option “Properties“.
5. Make sure that you locate TCP/IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) from the available options. Then, you should click on the box in front of the same option and make it “un-tick“. You can then click on “OK” to save all the changes you have made.
6. That should do it. You may now restart the computer and see if the issue is persisting.
If you still cannot overcome the issue, you may try our 3rd method as well. As per this method, we will be disabling the network list service and check if it fixes the 0x80070422 error.
1. Use your keyboard and hit Windows key with “R” key simultaneously. You should then see the “Run” command appeared on the screen. On the search box of this command, you should key in the command “services.msc“. Then, you should hit “Enter” key.
2. You will see a huge list of options on the window that appeared. Now, you will have to locate the service “Network List Service“. To access this option faster, you should press key “N” on the keyboard. The list is a chronological one so pressing “N” will direct you to the services starting with “N”. After locating “Network List Service” from the list, you should right click on it. Then, you can select the option “Properties“.
3. You can now go to the option “Startup” and choose the option “Disable” from the drop-down.
4. You should then ensure that the status of the service is not in the “Running” status. If it is running at the moment, you should click on the “Stop” button to stop it. Then, you will have to click on “Apply” and “OK” options respectively so the changes will be saved.
In many instances, the 0x80070422 error will occur due to a malfunctioning network driver. That means, if your network device’s driver is missing, outdated or out of order, 0x80070422 can emerge. In this case, the best approach would be to update the respective network card driver. For many users, this method works fine as we know.
Updating the drivers of your computer is not a difficult task for many of the users. However, some novice users may find it hard to search for the drivers and install them manually. If you are among those novices or you don’t have time to install drivers manually, here’s a solution.
To install all the outdated, faulty drivers, you can use a tool like Driver Easy. This smart tool can recognize the operating system and find all the latest drivers. When you use Driver Easy, you don’t necessarily need to know even the version of your operating system. Driver Easy will perform a search for the required drivers and download all the drivers for you.
This tool completely eliminates the risk of installing wrong drivers and malware infected files on your computer. This tool helps you save a lot of time when it comes to dealing with driver installation. Even if you are a pro user, you will find Driver Easy to be exceptionally handy. It saves a lot of time and downloads all the drivers with two clicks (with pro version). Even the free version of this tool lets you download the precise driver (one by one). More importantly, this tool comes with a 30-day money back guarantee to make your purchase a risk-free one.
Features of Driver Easy
For those who need to have a quick look at the features of Driver Easy, here’s a list.
- It can detect all the missing, mismatched and outdated drivers automatically
- Single-click operation to update the outdated drivers on your computer
- Downloads drivers from certified, trusted sources only
- It can download network drivers from other PCs as well when you don’t have internet
- “Safe Restore” feature to roll back to a driver that is installed previously
- Downloads drivers at a superb speed
- It automatically creates a restore point to prevent potential data losses
- Embedded CPU-Z to provide you a detailed view of the hardware information
- It can protect the data stored on your computer thanks to the automatic full backup it creates
- It can remove the drivers with a single-click operation
- Highly professional technical support service to fix various issues related to your PC
Here’s how to use Driver Easy
First, download the software (Driver Easy) and get it installed on your faulty Windows PC
Launch the software and click on the option “Scan Now“. It will start an automatic scan to identify the potential issues.
Click on the option “Update“. This button is located right next to the Flagged USB driver. Driver Easy will now download the most accurate driver versions and install them for you. You can do it with the free version as well.
If you purchase the Pro version, however, you can update all the drivers at once.
After this process, your network driver will be updated to the latest. Then, the 0x80070422 error should be eliminated from your computer.