Normally, your iTunes library won’t disappear without a trace, if such a situation did happen, you might better check the following two possibilities. One is you have recently updated your iOS devices, the second one is you have recently updated your iTunes. These two operations are most likely to make the problem of making your iTunes library disappear. But you may find out that even your iTunes library cannot be shown on your devices, your devices can just work fine. Anyway, without iTunes library still bringing you a lot of troubles, you definitely want to find some methods to solve this wired problem. No need to worry about the solutions might be too hard to handle. There are two easy and quick methods that I can provide to you and you properly want to have a try.
Don’t close this web page after you saw the solution involve third party software. It’s time to get rid of the old idea that only stupid people use software to help them solve problems. On the contrary, those who know how to use different software to help them solve problems in the shortest time are the smartest group of people.
Now please follow me and check out what this iMusic is capable of.
You can use it to transfer music, playlist, TV shows or other kinds of data between different devices. To recover the missing iTunes library is just one of its powerful functions. And you can achieve that goal within 3 steps which you can learn by reading the part below.
Step 1: Download and install the iMusic on your computer/Mac.
Step 2: Connect your iOS device to your computer/Mac through the USB cable, and the software will display it on its primary window. After connected, please click the “TOOLBOX” -> then “REBUILD ITUNES LIBRARY” from the given options.
Step 3: After you click the “Start” button, a new window opens and lets you go ahead. You can find those files which are not existing on your iTunes library after file scanning is done. Then you can choose which ones you want to transfer, including videos, music, and others. Just click the button “Copy to iTunes” when you have finished selecting the documents to start rebuilding your iTunes Library.
Step 4: Now you have already rebuild your iTunes library.
- 1. iMusic has both Windows and Mac versions for its users to choose.
- 2. Supports a wide range of devices running the operating system like Android and iOS.
- 3. iMusic Mac version only supports transferring music from other devices to the iTunes library. But the Windows version can directly transfer music to the iTunes library.
- 4. If you have some videos to deal with, you might need to use this software to transfer them to your Mac first and then move the videos to iTunes through your Mac.
Since your iTunes library has more chance to be gone after updating your iTunes, this method will show you how to deal with this situation. It is also not difficult to handle.
Step 1: Close your iTunes first and then you should find the folder where you saved your iTunes library on your computer or Mac.
If you were not sure about where to find this folder, the following list might help you.
- Windows 10: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\.
- Windows 8: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\.
- Windows 7: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\.
- Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\.
- Windows XP: /Documents and Settings/username/My Documents/My Music/iTunes/
- Mac OS X: /Users/username/Music/iTunes/
Normally you will find the iTunes folder you are looking for.
Step 2: Check the iTunes folder you located at the previous step. You need to find the latest iTunes file, which will be titled like iTunes Library YYYY-MM-DD.itl, and then you should move it to where the file should be at step 1.
By replacing the missing iTunes library with the previous one, it is very easy to bring the missing iTunes library back to your devices. Click to know what to do if your iTunes Won’t Open or iTunes WiFi sync not working.