Questions & Answer about Windows Phone Device Manager
There are many Windows phone device manager on the Internet, which can help users to manage their Windows phones with ease on their computer. Among those managers, the Zune may be the most familiar one for most users of the Windows phones. Here in this article, I will give you some answers Windows phone device manager about the Zune, in the hope that this article will do your help.
Usually, soon after you connect your Windows phone to your computer, it will be detected by your computer. But sometimes, you will see there is no device connected even you have plugged the USB cable in your computer. Well, this will be really embarrassing. And such things can happen when you use the Zune.
When you encounter such things, you can try to do like this:
1. Check on your computer, to see if the USB connector is at work. You may change to another connector instead.
2. You can check the version of the Zune, to see if it has updated to the latest version. If it is not the case, you can go to the Settings > Software, to help it update.
3. Or you can also restart your computer once, because there may be a system problem that you can not easily find.
Sometimes, when you are operating on the Zune, but the Zune doesn’t work! And what’s more, it even stays still and reactsbe no answer to your operations. At this time, you can do like this:
1. Check on the Zune, to see if it is still running and see if it is updating itself. It may be updating itself if you have made it to do some when free time. And then, you leave it free and suddenly you want to operate on it. It is advisable not to stop it but to wait until it finishes the updating process.
2. If it is not the case as mentioned above, then you can try to re-launch it on your computer. First you need to uninstall it from your computer and then you can download the latest version of the Zune on the Internet before installing it.
If the drive on your Windows phone comes out with a problem, or the drive rendition of your Windows phone becomes incompatible with the current drive, you need to perform an upgrade on the drive of your Windows phone. The detailed tutorial is listed below:
Step 1. Connect your Windows phone to your computer with the USB cable. And then wait the computer to detect your Windows phone successfully.
Step 2. Go to the Start menu on your desktop, and then search for the “Device Manager”. Then tap on the “Settings” > “Device Manager”.
Step 3. And then you can see a window containing many files and folders popping up on your computer.
Step 4. If you can not see those things mentioned, you can search on your computer with the name of your Windows phone. You can find the name of your Windows phone on the “Portable Devices”.
Step 5. Double-click on the Windows phone on your computer.
Step 6. Tap on “Uninstall”.
Step 7. Now you get a confirmation window asking you to uninstall the Windows phone from your computer or not. Just click on OK.
Step 8. Go back to the window of the Device Manager. You need to click on the “Action” button on the primary, and then choose to scan for the changes of the device.
Step 9. Run the Portable Devices, and double-click on the name of your Windows phone, and finally tap on the “Driver” button.
Step 10. Now you can find the option of the “Update Driver” simply click on it.
Step 11. On your computer, you need to go to the location “C:\Windows\Inf\ organizer”.
Step 12. Then click on the “OK” button on the new window, and then click on “Install”. Then simply go and do something else until the upgrading process finishes.
Well there are many other managers for the Windows phones. And I have been using the dr.fone. The main features of it are also followed below:
- It can help you do “Phone to phone transfer” with dr.fone – Switch.
- It can help you do “Back up your phone” with dr.fone – Backup&Restore.
- It can help you do “Restore the backups” with dr.fone – Backup&Restore.
- It can help you do “Erase your old phones” with dr.fone – Erase.
- Its interface is intuitive and user-friendly.
- The operations on it are easy and simple.
- The payment for this tool is not too much, which will be worth the functions.
- It is compatible with many phones of different operation systems, including the Windows phone, iOS, Android and so on.
- It offers two versions for the Windows users and the Mac users.
- It can manage all the files and data on the phones, like the photos, audios, videos, messages, contacts, call logs, and sometimes the apps too.
Now do you have some more questions about the Windows phone device manager? You may also try the dr.fone which can help you solve almost all problems.