The Internet is something that assists you in learning more, seeing more, and knowing more. It is a world that lets you experience all good things and even bad things virtually. Not just children, but even adults need to use the internet in proper control. One of the biggest networking brands, Netgear, takes good care of your online security.
This company provides impressive parental control characteristics in routers. These features protect your children from accessing gambling, adult, and other dangerous websites. If you have no clue how to set up Netgear parental controls, then keep on reading this article. Also, you will know about how to put up the time limits on Netgear. So, let’s know everything related to Netgear without further ado!
Part 1: Configure Netgear Parental Controls
For configuring Netgear parental controls, you need to follow some proper steps. It is really simple to configure the parental control feature on Netgear. So, let’s know about these simple steps as follows!
Steps to configure Netgear parental controls:
Let’s take a view of the instructions that you need to follow for configuring Netgear parental controls!
Step 1: Choose parental controls on Netgear
Firstly, users have to connect their system to the router of Netgear. After that, you have to launch the application of Netgear and choose the option ‘Parental Controls‘.
Please note that if users are not logged into the Netgear router, they have to use the default credentials. For this, you need to enter ‘admin‘ as the username and type ‘password‘ in the password section for logging into the account for the first time.
Step 2: Login with Netgear OpenDNS
In the next window of Network parental controls, you need to select the option ‘Next.’ After that, you will require a Netgear OpenDNS account for continuing. In case you do not have an OpenDNS account, then you have to make a new OpenDNS account.
Step 3: Choose the filtering level
Now, users have to select the filtering level for their network. After that, you have to select the option ‘Next‘ for applying the settings of filtering.
Step 4: Make a Netgear OpenDNS account
For creating a Netgear OpenDNS account, you need to follow certain steps. Although it is not necessary to create a Netgear OpenDNS account if you like, you can do so in the following way.
1. Initially, you have to open the window ‘Status‘ on the official website of Netgear. After that, you need to choose the option ‘Change Custom Settings.’
2. Next, you will come to the page where you can add a Netgear OpenDNS account automatically. The page link is https://netgear.opendns.com/. After that, tap on the tab ‘Add a bypass account‘ for moving further. Users can even install the application of Netgear on all devices where they like to use the Netgear OpenDNS account.
3. Now, you have to produce a username and a new password for your bypass account. Once created, you have to select the option ‘Add Account.’
4. You just have to modify the filtering level here for your bypass account. Next, you need to select ‘None‘ and then tap on the option ‘Save Filtering Level.’
5. Lastly, you have to add the time block. For this, you need to choose the option ‘Add a Time Block‘ and then set a time limit. Next, you have to click on the option ‘Add Time Block.’
The feature Netgear parental controls is an amazing characteristic provided by Netgear. Using this step-wise guideline, users can easily set up Netgear parental controls within some simple clicks. The advanced Netgear parental controls will assist parents in blocking inappropriate or unwanted websites and protecting their online.
Part 2: Set Up Netgear Parental Controls on Kid’s Phone
Your children are not home always for using the Netgear Wi-Fi connection. As you know, the Wi-Fi connection of Netgear routers would not work if your kids go out and use the data connection on their smartphones. That’s the reason you need to set up an effective alternative to Netgear parental controls on your child’s smartphone.
To help you out, we have come up with an incredible application called KidsGuard Pro. It is an effective and advanced parental control tool. Using this application, you can set up the parental control feature on your kids’ mobile devices. As children always use their mobile devices, they are more vulnerable to every kind of cyber-attack and adult or bad internet content. Thus, parents can always require the KidsGuard Pro parental control program to protect their kids from all types of cybercrimes, inappropriate content, and unwanted risks.
Special features of KidsGuard Pro:
- The tool lets users know what their children do on their mobile phones at all times by looking after their phone activities.
- Using this application, users can track the real-time location of their kids and even view their location history.
- KidsGuard Pro assists you in checking the outgoing and incoming calls along with all text messages for preventing any potential danger.
- This application helps you to watch files such as photos, contacts, keystrokes, browser history, and notes. It even lets you capture a screenshot of your kid’s smartphone.
- KidsGuard Pro runs in the background remotely. Thus, kids will not know the fact that their parents are keeping a check on their phone’s activities.
- The amazing thing is that KidsGuard Pro comes with a free trial of three days, where you can try out its striking features for free.
Now, let’s know about its significant features in detail here. So, let’s get started!
With the help of KidsGuard Pro, parents can monitor everything on their kids’ smartphones like conversations, files, messages, and other files. It is quite necessary for them to know with whom their kids interact. Here, they will even enjoy access to files like videos, music files, and photos.
Parents can even find the precise location of their kids at all times. KidsGuard Pro offers you an option for tracking real-time location.
This application even records keystrokes on the monitored device. In this way, you will know whenever your kids send a message or search for something inappropriate on web browsers.
With KidsGuard Pro, you can keep a check on all the activities of your children on their smart devices. Plus, this application helps you in finding out the overall device usage by your kids.
Steps to activate KidsGuard Pro on Android devices:
It is really simple to activate the parental control tool KidsGuard Pro on Android devices. If you like to use this application for protecting your children from unwanted dangers, then go through the instructions given below!
Step 1: Create a new account
Initially, you have to make an account on the KidsGuard Pro official site. For this, you have to enter a valid email address and password. Also, you just have to purchase a license for using this application later on. Before buying this tool, you can enjoy all its amazing features for free up to three days. This is so because this application offers a 3-day free trial period.
Step 2: Enable ‘Unknown Sources’
Next, you need to visit the Settings on the target device and choose the tab ‘Fingerprints & Security.’ Now, you have to click on the option ‘Unknown Sources‘ and toggle that switch. By doing so, a pop-up will come up on the screen immediately with an option saying ‘OK‘ or ‘Allow.’ Click on that option for enabling the downloading of applications from unknown sources.
Step 3: Install the application
Now, you need to download the KidsGuard Pro application on the target device. For downloading this application, you need to browse the website www.clevguard.net. Once you have installed the application on the target device, you need to complete several significant settings for tracking the phone’s activities. After that, the application icon will be removed from the device automatically. Hence, you can keep an eye on your kids’ phone activities remotely.
Step 4: Start monitoring
Lastly, you just have to log into the KidsGuard Pro’s web panel. After that, you are all set to examine the activities of your kid’s device. Now, you can work on parent management. For viewing the activities of your kid’s smartphone, you have to log into the control panel of KidsGuard Pro, which is present online. Here, you will find all the relevant information as all data uploads to the dashboard automatically.
Here, you have read about how to set up Netgear parental controls and how to open up a Netgear OpenDNS account for the same. The parental control feature comes handy if your kids use the internet at home. However, it does not protect your children from cybercrimes when they step out of the house and use their internet connection. That’s the reason you need something like KidsGuard Pro. This parental control app protects your kids all the time. So, download this application and enjoy its incredible parental control features.