mSpy Reviews and Top Alternatives in 2020
mSpy is a well-known monitoring tool for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac systems. It’s designed around the monitoring of children, employees, and pretty much anyone else. As a versatile tool, it’s clearly very useful, and it’s no surprise that this is often the first tool people look into. Furthermore, the fact that there are hundreds of mSpy reviews shouldn’t be surprising either. There are plenty of reviews online with so many great points, but unless you know what the technical details mean, drawing your own conclusion is difficult.
Those reviews can be massively helpful if you aren’t sure which solution to use. However, as helpful as they are, because there are so many it can be overwhelming. So, our review will bring together the key points of mSpy – the positives and the negatives – whilst also discussing the alternatives that are available.
Why Use mSpy?
Before we jump into the details of mSpy, what reasons are there for using it? Or more to the point, for using any monitoring solution at all? Obviously, you can use a spy tool to keep an eye on your kids or employees, but more specifically:
- Catch employees who aren’t working and waste time
- Prevent children from seeing inappropriate content
- Secretly monitor the location of your kids
- Restrict access to time-wasting sites and social media
- Control your children’s internet usage
- Make sure employees don’t share company secrets
The list goes on, and it’s simple. Monitoring tools can help parents to safely watch their kids’ online activity and help business owners make workers more efficient.
About the mSpy Monitoring Tool
So, what is mSpy, and what makes it such a well-known spy tool? The simple answer would be time. mSpy was one of the first monitoring tools, and because it’s been around for so long, mSpy reviews find a lot of reasons to praise it.
It is also a widely compatible monitoring software. Any device running Android 4 or later can be tracked, as can any iPhone using iOS 7 to iOS 11. These versions apply to devices that users don’t root or jailbreak (jailbroken iPhones can only use mSpy if they have iOS 7 – 8.4 or iOS 9.0 to 9.1). Regardless of the device, mSpy is capable of being run without detection. In addition, it instantly starts to run as a background process, and hiding the app icon is easy too.
After installing mSpy, there’s a lot of data that it tracks. Basic data types include SMS text, calls, emails, and documents. Furthermore, the more impressive features are GPS tracking, voice recording access, and access to media. Now, let’s look at the balance between pros and cons.
- Keylogging. The keylogging feature that mSpy has makes it incredibly effective for spying. Anything that the user texts or for that matter, types into the device, is stored by the keylogger.
- No Jailbreak, No Root. To install mSpy, you don’t need to jailbreak or root a device. As these are difficult processes that many spy tools need, this is great. Note that this doesn’t limit the amount of data that mSpy tracks.
- Messaging Limits. mSpy tracks most messaging apps. This, unfortunately, doesn’t include some online messaging platforms, and a few smaller apps.
- System Support. iOS and Android are the two systems we expect spy tools to support, and mSpy also supports Windows devices too. A number of semi-popular devices, like Blackberry, can’t run mSpy.
- Lack of Features. Some notable features, like keyword alerts, aren’t a part of mSpy. This is a basic feature that users expect from monitoring software, and there are other missing features like this.
mSpy Reviews: Alternative Spying Tools
There are a number of concerning downsides to using mSpy, and of avoiding these, an alternative is necessary. Two other spy apps to consider are Spyzie and SpyMyFone, and they’re both perfect to use in place of mSpy.
A favorite of ours is Spyzie, and that’s the first spy tool that most mSpy reviews don’t bring as often as they should. There aren’t many things that Spyzie isn’t capable of tracking. As a result of almost every smartphone activity being trackable, it would be a mistake not to try it out.
- Track text messages, phone calls, and app messages
- Browse photos, videos, contacts, and other files
- View the live GPS location of the target’s device
- Export all of the data that is collected with Spyzie
- Receive alerts if the target does certain actions
- Stealthily monitor individuals without them knowing
- Access all the input data with the keylogger
- Don’t have to jailbreak/root the target device
This list of features goes on and on, and it’s more than impressive. By checking out the free online demo, users can get a closer look at what Spyzie does and how it works. It’s obvious that Spyzie is a strong alternative to mSpy and is suitable for tracking anyone.
Steps to Install Spyzie
To assist you with setting up Spyzie, we’ve put together a short guide. Following the steps below will let you install Spyzie on an Android device and effectively monitor activity.
- Step #1 – Start by signing up for Spyzie and choosing a plan. When you’ve paid for Spyzie and have a subscription, proceed with the setup.
- Step #2 – On the installation page, enter the target’s name, age, and the smartphone type they have (in this case, Android).
- Step #3 – You will now need to install Spyzie’s APK on the device you want to track, so retrieve it.
- Step #4 – Unlock the device and go to “Settings” and locate “Security.”
- Step #5 – Enable “Unknown sources” by tapping the slider and tap “OK” to confirm this change.
- Step #6 – Now open a browser app and use the link on Spyzie’s setup page to download the APK.
- Step #7 – Download and install the APK, then open it and sign in with your own account.
- Step #8 – After you sign in, tap on the “Grant” button to provide Spyzie with the necessary system permissions. If you don’t allow the permissions, you will limit the effectiveness of Spyzie.
- Step #9 – Tap “Start Monitoring” then delete the app’s shortcut and return the device to the owner. You will now be able to monitor the target’s activity from Spyzie’s dashboard.
Installing Spyzie on an iPhone is different but remains an easy task. Above all, the main difference is that you will require the iCloud account of your target, and without the email address and password, tracking iOS devices using Spyzie isn’t possible. That being said, since parents usually set up their kids’ iCloud accounts, this shouldn’t be too hard to do.
SpyMyFone is the other spy tool that isn’t brought up enough. A worthy competitor in mSpy reviews, SpyMyFone can be used to spy on iPhone and Android devices. It quietly stores an array of data, not just smartphones – tablets and iPads are trackable too.
- Views text messages and call logs
- Tracks IMs sent through iMessage, WhatsApp, and social media
- Monitor the GPS location of your target
- Set up geofencing which notifies you if the device enters or exits an area
- Monitor all of the tracking data from a remote dashboard
- Capture live screenshots of the device’s display without alerting your target
- Access photos, videos, calendars, contacts, and plenty of other device data
- Includes an alert system which notifies you when specific keywords are found in messages
These are just some of the many features you will find on SpyMyFone. It also includes a WiFi logger, browser history access, and app monitoring. A few minor details, such as the device’s battery capacity and current WiFi network connection, can also be seen. Check out the SpyMyFone demo to see it all in action for yourself.
Steps to Install SpyMyFone
SpyMyFone and Spyzie are similar in a lot of ways, and their installation processes don’t differ that much. Nonetheless, it’s important to explain what you have to do to prepare it. Get yourself a SpyMyFone account and pay for one of the subscriptions, then start the method below.
- Step #1 – Get the target device without your target knowing.
- Step #2 – Go to the Settings app and in the “Security” section, enable “Unknown Sources.”
- Step #3 – Launch a browser app and download SpyMyFone’s Android application.
- Step #4 – Install the APK and confirm that you are installing a third-party app.
- Step #5 – Once the installation is done, open the SpyMyFone app and log in with your account.
- Step #6 – You may have to provide extra permissions afterward. An additional setting must now be turned on, so go to “Settings > Accessibility” and enable “WiFi Service.”
- Step #7 – After configuring the application, you can delete the shortcut to prevent getting caught and return the device to your target.
- Step #8 – On your own device or computer, sign into the SpyMyFone dashboard for live monitoring of your target.
This is for Android devices, and again, the iPhone process is simple: there isn’t any installing, and if you have the user’s iCloud account, the setup can be done completely remotely. Both installation processes are really easy, and the guides in our mSpy reviews prove this. SpyMyFone will get you access to text messages, phone calls, and so much more useful information.
Conclusion on mSpy Reviews
mSpy is a great piece of monitoring software; we won’t deny that. However, we believe Spyzie and SpyMyFone can be more effective than mSpy, and after you take the time to use them and explore their features, and how they work, we think you’ll agree. Many mSpy reviews ignore the negatives of the popular monitoring solution. Instead, we choose to embrace all the positives and negatives which allow us to be as objective as possible. Children, employees, or even potentially cheating partners – the spy tools above are great for monitoring them all!