Thanks to the user-friendly and streamlined applications, Android smartphones stands out of the crown to become one of the most popular operating systems all over the world. Most people get used to this operating system, so that even they want to buy a newer mobile phone, they prefer to have the phone with the same platform. As we all know, as a member of the mobile phone manufacturers, Huawei becomes the best-selling Android phones in the market of China. So, once this idea forms in your mind, the question is coming. If you want to update your phone to a newer one, how can you do with the files saved in your Huawei phone? This paper is going to tell us how to move data from Huawei to Android device without any obstacle.
The most method common way to move data from Huawei to Android device is regarding PC as a medium during the transferring process. This is the traditional method and some users don’t have other choices except this one. However, this method has some disadvantages as well, I will discuss this thing later. In this regard, next, I will tell you two methods about how to move data from Huawei to Android, one is the traditional way with using PC as a medium, the other one is with using the third-party tool, which is called dr.fone. You can follow the instructions step by step as shown below:
Step 1: Move data from Huawei to your PC. (Here, I’d like to take Windows 7 computer as a demo)
1. Using the USB cable to connect Huawei device to your PC.
2. Double-click on the “Computer” button which is presented on the desktop screen.
Note: If you can’t find the Computer button, you can press on the Start icon from the lower left corner, and choose the tab of Computer which is placed on the right section of the Start menu.
3. In order to launch the phone, you should double click on the “Huawei smartphone” button which is presented on the Computer window.
4. It is your turn to check the desired files as you want from the data displayed to you.
5. Right-click the desired data whether one file or more, and then press on the Copy button as you can find it in the context menu.
6. Turn off the window of the Huawei phone.
7. Go back to the desktop screen, you can right-click any place and press on the Paste button as you can find it in the context menu.
8. Now the transferring process is finished, you can choose to disconnect the phone and the USB cable from your PC.
Step 2: Move data from your PC to the new Android device.
1. In order to move data from the PC to the Android device, you should use the USB cable to connect the new Android device to the PC.
2. When the Android device is detected by the PC, please double-click on the “Computer” button which is presented on the desktop screen.
3. Double-click on the Android smartphone icon which is presented on the Computer window.
4. Double-click the folder where you would like to save the data from the window of Android smartphone.
5. Minimize this window.
6. Choose the files as shown the desktop screen, which you have copied from Huawei smartphone.
7. Right-click one of the marked files as you want.
8. Press on the Copy option which is placed on the context menu.
9. Recover the minimize window and go on to right-click any place.
10. Press on the Paste button which is placed on the context menu and wait for a minute, your desired files will be copied to the Android device.
Although, this method is simple and easy to follow, there are also some disadvantages with it. Next, I will show you some limitations about it.
1. This method will take you a long time to finish the transferring process, which will make you feel boring.
2. If you don’t have a third-party tool, you are unable to copy the text messages and contacts which are saved in the Huawei smartphone.
3. You must connect and disconnect the equipment unceasingly, and can only do one thing at a time.
Part 2. With the help of dr.fone Switch, you can move data from Huawei to Android device within one click.
In order to save time during the transferring process, you can also ask a third-party tool for help. It will do almost all the jobs for you, so the process will be much easier that you can move data from Huawei to Android device within only one click. And one of the best choices to achieve this goal is asking dr.fone – Switch for help. This software is so powerful that it can help you move data between mobile phones within one click. Of course, PC should be a go-between. dr.fone is the newly developed product which is created by Wondershare in the utility section of the mobile software. dr.fone Switch is available to more than 6000 mobile phone models and is compatible with different platforms such as Symbian, iOS, Android and Windows Phone. The program has streamlined and clean interface, which ensures the whole transfer process can go on smoothly. However, you must pay attention that dr.fone may consume many resources of your Mac or Windows PC.
Next, I will show you how to move data from Huawei to another Android device with the help of dr.fone Switch. You can follow the instructions step by step as shown below.
Step 1: Download and install dr.fone on your computer (Here, I’d like to take the Windows computer as a demo). Then open it after the installation.
1. Download the right version of the application which is suitable to the operating system.
2. When the download process is finished, it needs you to double-click the installation file and then follow the instructions which are displayed on the screen.
3. Once dr.fone is installed, you should double click on the shortcut icon to run the program.
4. On the window coming up to you, select the tab of Switch to launch the Transfer interface.
Step 2: Both the mobile phones should be connected to the PC.
1. You can use USB cables to connect both the mobile phones to the PC.
2. Once both phones are detected by the computer, you can will the green Connected button on the interface which is placed below both the mobile phone’s icons.
3. You must ensure that the Android device and the Huawei phone are located under the right sections of Destination and Source respectively.
Note: If you find that they are in the wrong sections, you can press on the Flip icon to make them place correctly.
4. Remember to check data in the box of Clear data before copy below the section of Destination, you can press on the Clear button to remove data which is saved in the new Android phone previously.
Step 3: How to move data from Huawei to Android phone
1. In the Select content to copy box, you will see a list of available data which can be transferred from the Source phone to the Destination device. It is your turn to decide which data should be transferred and you can select the contents to the copy box. Don’t forget to check the checkboxes.
2. Once the desired data is marked as you want, press on the Start Transfer icon which locates under the Select content to copy box.
3. Wait for a moment, dr.fone Switch will help you move the data to the Android device. When it has finished, you can press on the OK button in the next window.
Note: You are allowed to press on the Cancel button to interrupt this transfer process at any time as you want. The button is placed in the lower right corner of the Progress window.
dr.fone – Switch is the best choice if you want to transfer data from Huawei to Android device without any obstacle. In addition to the function of transferring data, this software can also help to copy the precious data which is saved in your old devices.