It can be quite a frustrating moment when your iPhone photos not showing up on Mac that you have captured while on some trip or family outing. Now, as we all know, our memory is not enough to capture all the cool items, special relationships, and awesome experiences, so you tend to click a lot of photographs on your iPhone. However, if these photos are not being displayed on your Mac device, you will not be able to back and store them; this is where the problem of iPhone photos not showing up on Mac raised.
But, there is no need to panic, because there are a lot of different solutions to the problem of iPhone photos not showing up on Mac. You can take note of them right below:
- Checking if iCloud is enabled in your iPhone device
- Rebooting your iPhone and Mac
- Updating your iPhone and/or your Mac
- Reconstruct Thumbnails on Mac
- Managing and transferring iPhone photos with Tenorshare iCareFone
- Remove/ Stop photo storage services
- Check iPhone USB Connection
- Transfer the images from your iPhone to Mac via iMyFone iTransor
This is the most basic solution to this problem of iPhone photos not showing up on Mac. All you need to do is check whether your iCloud Photo Library is enabled on both devices. If it is not connected, you will see the photos only when you connect the iPhone physically to the Mac device. If the iCloud Photo Library is enabled, the photos will get transferred to your iCloud automatically and will be safe.
The third option is that if you want to store your photos in your Cloud account without enabling the iCloud Photo Library, you can do this by accessing the iCloud site directly and simply logging in your account.
On the chances that the method above does not work, there is always the old trick of restarting your devices. Yes, you can try to restart both your iPhone and Mac devices to solve this problem of iPhone photos not showing up on Mac. To do this, you will have to disconnect your iPhone from your computer and restart it by long-pressing on the lock button. You will also have to reboot your Mac device and make sure that the process is done fully. Once the devices restart, your iPhone might ask you for permission for connecting with your Mac, which you can approve.
There is also a strong possibility that you might not be having the latest operating system on your Mac device, or you do not have the latest version of your photo management app on your iPhone, such as Photo App or iPhoto. If they are not updated, there is a chance that they will not be able to function normally. In this case, it is best to update your photo management app and obtain the latest OS for your Mac device. Additionally, you can also update your iPhone if you are already on it for minimum hassle.
At times, you will be able to view the thumbnails of the photos on your iPhone device but will not launch when you click on them. In these cases, you can make use of this particular method. For this to work, you will have to make a backup on your entire iPhone photo library. To do this, you can simply go to the ‘Finder’ and them ‘Application.’
Once here, simply select iPhoto, but do not open it. Next, you will have to click on the Option and Command button simultaneously that will open up a pop-up window. Once this happens, you can select on the option ‘Rebuild Thumbnails’ and re-launch the application.
Tenorshare iCareFone is a software that can solve your problem of iPhone photos not showing up on Mac. With some clicks, you will be able to transfer all your pictures, including photo stream, camera roll, albums, etc. to your personal computer or Mac devices. You will also be able to transfer the photos to other iOS-running devices as well.
To transfer the photos and images to your personal computer or Mac device, from your iOS device, you need to start the program on your computer and. Then, you have to click on ‘File Manager’ and then clock on photos. Once here, you have to select the photos that you want to transfer and then click on ‘Export.’
It is quite common to see that iPhone photos not showing up on Mac if you are using default photo viewing software like iPhoto. You can also check whether you are using any other type of photo storage service like Dropbox. In some cases, these photo storage services like Dropbox might cause problems with the default photo application on your Mac device, which causes the error of iPhone photos not showing up on Mac. In such cases, removing or stopping the service usually fixes the issue.
If you make use of a third-party USB cable, there are chances that your iPhone is not syncing correctly with your computer or Mac device, which is resulting in your iPhone photos not showing up on Mac. In such cases, you need to purchase the original Lightning Cable.
Once you purchase the cable, you might want to check if it is working or not. To do this, you need to plug it into another device. If the device cannot be connected with the charging cable, it means that the cable might be quite broken or damaged and you will have to replace/return it for a new one.
8. Transfer the images from your iPhone to Mac via iMyFone iTransor
The methods listed above does not work all the time. There is no guarantee that your problems with iPhone photos not showing up on Mac will be solved. If such is the turn of events, you can make use of iTransor. This is an external software for data transfer in the iPhone and can easily solve this problem if the methods mentioned above do not work out. This software is straightforward to understand and use, and the entire process is completed within a few clicks. Let us see what this program can do for you.
Some of its key features include:
- You can back up your iPhone devices selectively/partially or entirely.
- You can restore or preview backups to replace your iPhone data with the backup only or merge your iPhone’s current data with the backup.
- You have the option to restore selectively (WeChat, Whatsapp, Messages, Contacts, etc.) or your whole data, according to your wishes.
- You can also preview and export the data directly from your iOS devices or your backups.
Here is how you can make use of iMyFone iTransor to transfer photos and pictures from your iPhone devices to your personal computer or Mac devices when your default photo app does not work on your Mac device. But before getting into all these, you will need to download, install, and run the program first.
- Step 1: Once you have installed the program, you will need to connect your iPhone to iMyFone iTransor. After this, you will have to select the ‘Export from Device & Backup’ and click on ‘Export from Device.’
- Step 2: After this, you will be taken to the next screen where you will have to choose all the data types that you would want to export. Once you are done with the selection process, you need to click on Scan and iMyFone iTransor will start scanning your iPhone device.
- Step 3: After the scanning process is completed, you will be able to view the data and select the ones according to your preferences. Next, you have to click on ‘Export’ and choose the location and format of the data that you want to export onto your computer device. This will complete the whole process.
- Step 4: The processing will start once you tap on the ‘Export’ button. Make sure that you do not disconnect your iPhone while the process takes place. After some time, you will see that all your data has been exported successfully and can be viewed on your Mac device.