Om du är en iPhone-användare, du kanske förmodligen använder iMessage mycket. I allmänhet, iMessage är en jämnt arbets funktion i din iPhone. Men, i vissa fall, även iMessage kan fungera felaktigt på grund av en eller annan anledning. I denna artikel, we explain what you must do if ‘iMessage not working‘ på din iPhone.
An introduction to iMessage
iMessage is Apple’s official way of sending a message to another iOS device user. In another word, iMessage is Apple’s alternative to Blackberry Messenger. This feature has different characteristics compared to the conventional SMS (textmeddelande) and MMS (Multimedia Messages). Imessage send messages through the internet instead of the cellular service.
I ett nötskal, iMessage is a superb option that lets you allow iOS users to send and receive messages. Those who own iPhones, iPods, iPads and even Macs can message with other iOS devices through iMessage. One of the most interesting features associated with iMessage is that it doesn’t have a character or data limit. That means you don’t have to restrict the number of characters when you send a text message. Men, one of the most notable drawbacks associated with iMessage is that it is compatible with iOS devices only. Med andra ord, it is impossible to send an iMessage to an Android device.
Green Bubbles and Blue Bubbles – what are they?
After opening the Messages app on your iPhone, you will be able to see bubbles. These bubbles contain text messages. Some of these bubbles come in green color while others appear in blue. Is there a significant difference between these two colors? Låt oss ta ut!
- If you see that the message is placed inside a blue color bubble, you have sent it through iMessage.
- Men, if the bubble is green, that denotes that the message is sent using your cellular network directly. It can be either an SMS or an MMS.
If you experience any issue on iMessage, you should first do some observations. Som det första steget, you should find out if your ‘iMessage not working‘ with a particular contact. Om inte, you should check if it doesn’t work with any of your contacts. If you cannot send a message to a particular contact, the issue might be with that contact itself. Å andra sidan, if you cannot send an iMessage to any of the contacts, the issue might be of yours.
To diagnose the issue correctly, bör du göra följande;
Send someone a Test Message
Första, find a friend who has an iPhone and send him or her an iMessage as a text message. Simply send a short text (probably saying “textmeddelande”). If you see that the text you sent in a blue color bubble, there is no issue with iMessage. Men, if the message is in a green bubble, iMessage doesn’t work. That also means that you have sent the message through your cellular network.
Now that the ‘iMessage not working’ issue is diagnosed. Låt oss se hur man rättar till det.
01. Switch off and on iMessage service
As the first (and the simplest method), you should switch off and on iMessage app on your device. Att göra det, you should go to Settings and select the option Messages. Sedan, go to the button located next to iMessage and turn it off. Once the iMessage is turned off, you should restart your iOS device. Att göra det, bör du följa stegen som nämns nedan.
- Håll strömbrytaren intryckt
- When you see the slide with “Slide to Power Off” text, slide it to turn off the device
- Sedan, to turn the device back, you should press and hold the power button once again
Once the device is switched on, you will have to turn on iMessage service as well. Att göra det, go to Settings app, Messages and turn on the iMessage.
Om du har tur nog, this simple trick might work perfectly to solve “iMessage not working” fråga.
02. Configure the iMessage correctly
Ibland, your iMessage not working because of a wrong configuration of the iMessage service. If the previous method didn’t work for you, you may try reconfiguring iMessage and see if it works. Let’s see how to do it.
- Go to the Settings app and select Messages.
- Sedan, peka på alternativet märkt “Skicka & Ta emot”.
- Nu, you will be able to see several phone numbers and email addresses. Your iOS device will receive and send messages through the configurations made using these numbers and email addresses.
- Navigate to the section labeled “Start New Conversations Form”.
- If you don’t find a checkmark with the phone number you are using now, add it. Att göra det, you should tap on the number and get it activated.
You can now check if your iMessage service is working correctly.
03. Check if the internet connection is working correctly
Som du redan vet, having an internet connection is compulsory for you to send an iMessage. It must have mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. If the connection is dropped or the device is not connected to the internet, you cannot send iMessage. Så, the next obvious thing you should do is to check if the device has a good internet connection. It is a very simple process. All you have to do is to open up the web browser (Safari) and visit any website you prefer. If you don’t see the website is loading, there is an issue with your internet connection. Med andra ord, if you cannot visit a website through your iOS device, you cannot send an iMessage as well. Så, be sure to connect your iOS device into a solid network and try sending the message again.
04. Sign Out and Sign In to iMessage
This is another simple trick you can try to fix iMessage. Att göra detta, bör du följa stegen som nämns nedan.
- Go to the Settings app and select Messages
- Sedan, Knacka på “Skicka & Ta emot” möjlighet att öppna det
- You should then tap on your Apple ID
- Sedan, Du bör “Logga ut” of your account.
- Igen, you should sign in for your Apple ID.
- Sedan, you must send an iMessage to someone you know and has an iPhone
That should work!
05. Look if there is an iOS update
If you haven’t performed an iOS update for a while, it is better to check for it. Att göra detta, you should go to the Settings app and hit General option. Sedan, head towards the Software Update and observe if it has any iOS updates available. Kanske, the new update will address the issue related to iMessage.
06. Perform a network setting reset on the device
The network settings of your iPhone can directly affect the functionality of your iPhone’s iMessage functionality. If your iMessage is affected by such issue, you can solve it simply by resetting the configuration settings. To reset the device’s network settings to its factory default, you should follow these instructions. Att göra detta, you should go to Settings and hit General. Sedan, go to Reset and select “Återställ nätverksinställningarna” alternativet.
Men, before you do it, be sure that you know the password of your Wi-Fi connection. Det beror på att, once the network settings are reset, all the configuration data will be deleted. All the saved Wi-Fi networks will be gone. After rebooting your device, you should connect to Wi-Fi network providing the passwords. Även, you must remember that your iOS device’s VPN settings and the Bluetooth connection will be reset.
07. Get the assistance of Apple’s official support service
If none of the above steps worked for you, you should consider contacting Apple’s Support. I detta fall, you will have to take your device to an Authorized Apple Store. Before you visit it, men, it is better to reserve an appointment. Don’t take your iPhone to a random person who just claims to have the ability to repair iPhones. If something goes wrong, your iPhone’s warranty may void.
What if you don’t want to take the trouble of taking your iPhone to an Apple store? What if you need a reliable solution to fix a variety of other issues related to iOS devices? I detta avsnitt, we are going to reveal an excellent tool that can address iOS issues and fix them.
If you have iMyFone Fixppo programvara, you don’t have to worry about your iOS device’s stability. It is capable of recovering your iOS device from a variety of errors without affecting your data. The software comes with excellent reliability. It doesn’t make your device vulnerable to third-parties. The data of your iPhone will be perfectly secured with iMyFone Fixppo (iOS Systemåterställning).
Let’s take a look at the most notable features associated with iMyFone Fixppo.
- Repairs your device either in advanced mode or standard mode
- Can repair issues like iPhone Påminnelser Inte Bearbetning, iPhone ficklampa Inte Bearbetning, iPhone larmet inte Working, iPhone stuck in recovery mode, Frozen iPhone, White Screen of Death, Boot Loop, etc.
- Bypass errors related to iTunes
- Enter or exit recovery mode
- Lätt att använda gränssnittet
How to use iMyfone Fixppo
1. Första, download the software into your computer and install it. Efter att ha öppnat det, you should click on the Start button to begin.
2. Nu, connect the faulty iOS device to the same computer through your USB cable.
3. Klicka på den “Start” knappen för att påbörja processen
4. You can then choose to download the firmware. Once the firmware is downloaded, it will automatically fix the issue. Vid slutförandet av nedladdning, the program will automatically start to fix the issue.
5. Vid slutförandet av reparationsprocessen, you will see that the device is rebooting.
6. The device will now be restored into its normal mode.
Your iMessage not working issue must be fixed by now.
Brunn, that is the best method you can try to fix “iMessage not working” issue on your iOS device. We suggest you go through the options mentioned in this article and choose the best. As a general suggestion, we can mention iMyFone Fixppo tool as the best option.