Five Handy ID3 Tag Editors for Free
The ID3 tag works as the metadata container, which helps people to store all the relevant information about the audio file including the track title and number, the album cover, the artist, etc. All the information in ID3 tags can be edited as you want, but you have to do it with an ID3 tag editor.
The main function of these editors is to manage the information stored and organize it to make it easy for people to understand. In this article, you are going to see top five free ID3 tag editors which are helpful for you.
Tool 1. ID3 Tag Editor
Operating Systems Supported: Windows Vista and Windows XP
To run this application you need a computer with these requirements:
1. RAM: It is advisable to be 512 MB or something over it, and the minimum demand is 256 MB.
2. Processor: At least 500 MHz.
Rate: 4 Stars out of 5
It is a freeware compatible with ID3V1 and ID3V2, which allows people to edit the ID3 tags embedded. You can find the specific tags easily with it. It is efficient for both commercial and personal purposes because of the powerful functions of it.
1. You can use the synchronized album and title show when playback.
2. It enables you to add comments to the audios.
3. It supports the album cover embedded.
4. It is compatible with the latest ID3 versions.
5. You can run this software on either Windows 32-bit or Windows 64-bit.
1. It is free of charge.
2. There are no ads built-in and you don’t have to worry about spywares.
3. The interface of it is very friendly and intuitive so you can learn to use it soon.
4. You are allowed to use the synchronized album and title show when playback.
It doesn’t support batch edit.
Tool 2. MP3Tag
Operating System Supported: Windows
Rate: 4 out of 5 stars
It is a free application for ID3 tags editor with an user-friendly interface. The ID3 tags it can edit include track titles, artists, albums, track numbers, release time and so on. You can find it sweet because it shows the basic tags on the customizable panel, and stores the others on a separate panel. It is easy to insert a proper picture of the audios owning to the online database “lookups”.
1. It is able to edit metadata in the formats of WMA, ID3V1, ID3V2.3, ID3V2.4, APE tags and iTunes MP4.
2. It can rename the audio files automatically without fault.
3. You can import tags from databases it supports.
4. It is able to do quantity edit for you.
5. You can edit the album covers of audios with it.
6. It can help you to create a new playlist while editing files.
7. It supports Unicode characters.
1. There is no version for mobile devices.
2. The function which allows people to add the lyrics column is limited. You can only add 6 lines at most to the front panel.
Tool 3. ID3-TagIT
Operating Systems Supported: Windows
Rate: 4 out of 5 stars
This is a good software which helps you to edit ID3 tags of the audio files. The most time-saving function of it is that it can analyze and sort the information embedded. And you can edit ID3 tags in batch. All the features above are convenient for you.
1.It supports metadata of both ID3V1 and ID3V2, and it can deal with more than one genres and comments in ID3V2 tags.
2.You can do batch edit with it.
3.The interface is easy to read, and the software itself is easy to use.
It helps users to save audio files into an organized folder.
There is no constant upgrade of this software so you can only use the versions without update.
Tool 4. TigoTago
Operating System Supported: Windows including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
Rate: 4 out of 5 stars
It is a special editor comparing the editors above, because it is based on the spreadsheet. But that doesn’t belittle the virtues. As an efficient software, it supports batch edit so that you can save a lot of time with it. And besides the basic tags, it can also edit the extended tags.
1. There are some online database that it supports. And it can connect to HTTP with the proxy authorization.
2. You can preview the results of the editing action.
3. You can find all the answers to the questions about this application on the Help Forum, which are easy to understand and sometimes with screenshots.
1. It is short of the traditional menus because it is a spreadsheet based editor.
2. There are no version for mobile devices till now.
Tool 5. Stamp ID3 Tag Editor
Rate: 3 out of 5 stars
There are two kinds of versions of this software, both the free trial version and paid complete version, and the paid one also charges a reasonable price. It is able to edit ID3 tags like album covers, track titles and numbers, artists, release year and comments. You will get a ordered and time-saving audio file library with the help of this application.
1. It supports various metadata format including that stored in WAV and MP3.
2. You can do quantity edit with it.
3. You can add comments as you like.
1. There is some undesired add-ons attached.
2. It doesn’t allow its users to type any space blank, but you can use the spacebar instead.
3. You can’t add your own category or genre to the tags, and you are asked to choose one from the offered options.