InDesign is the ‘go-to’ software for most of the users when it comes to desktop publishing. Så, mange enkeltpersoner er interesseret i at lære alle de funktioner, der er forbundet med dette praktiske værktøj. If you are interested in using this software make the most of its features, denne artikel er til dig. I denne artikel, we explain one of its most used features to the benefit of our novice users. I simpleste form, this article explains hvordan man ombryde tekst i InDesign.
What is wrap text in InDesign?
Wrapping text is a feature that allows users to place text around images as well as the shapes. This process is exceptionally useful when it comes to creating professional InDesign layouts in desktop publishing. Vigtigere, you don’t have to put a lot of effort on this as it is a super-easy process. alligevel, if you’re a novice user who is wondering how to wrap text in InDesign, Følg nedenstående trin.
Faktisk, i dette afsnit, we will explain three different ways to use the Text Wrap panel of InDesign. With this beautiful effect, you will be able to create neat, elegant designs that are ideal for professional use.
En del 1. Wrap text in InDesign (around basic shapes)
Under various circumstances, you will have to wrap text around basic shapes to make the layout more professional. Faktisk, with the inclusion of basic shapes and vector graphics, you can add better contrast to the layout. Også, the layout will appear to be more dynamic when shapes and vectors are there. These shapes and vectors might contain circles, boxes, callouts, etc. that can appear as pullout quotes in the layout. Så, it is always handy to know how to wrap text around shapes and vectors. I dette afsnit, let’s see how to create a pullout quote in a page layout.
1) Som det første trin, you should select any of the shape tools using the Tools panel (L). For eksempel, you can pick the Ellipse Tool or any other tool. Once the tool is selected, you can simply drag to draw the desired shape. To create a perfect circle or a rectangle, make sure that you hold the shift key while drawing.
2) Nu, the shape is drawn in the desired place; it’s time to fill it with content. At gøre dette, you should right-click on the shape you have just created and chosen the option “Content.” Derefter, select the option labeled “Text.” Type in the text and apply the formatting you prefer. For eksempel, you can define the text alignment, font style, font size, and other formatting.
3) Now that the shape is selected, you can head towards the “Objekt” located in the main menu. Vælg derefter “Text Frame Options” såvel. Make sure that you adjust the Inset so the text will be pushed towards the center of the object. This step will give a neat appearance to your shape.
Godt, that’s about fitting the content into the shape. It’s time to take a look at the text wrapping process.
4) Nu, lay the text columns (which you have created with the Type Tool). Laying text columns should be done over the top of the shape. Hertil kommer, at, the text can be aligned behind the shape as well.
5) You should now select the shape. Derefter, you should open the Text Wrap panel (go to Window and select Text Wrap). If there is a square shape or a rectangular shape, just choose Wrap Around Bounding Box. This option is located at the top of the panel. If there is a circular shape, på den anden side, go to Wrap Around Object Shape. Such an option will give it a more natural, neat, and professional text wrap.
6) Make sure that you increase the Offset value as well. Generelt, an offset amount like 5 mm would do fine in most of the cases. The key point here is to adjust the offset until the shape is framed by the text perfectly. Nu, under Wrap Options, you should make sure that “Wrap To” option is set to “Both Right & Left Sides.”
Nu, the process is completed, and you will see a simple text wrap in the layout.
En del 2. Wrap text in InDesign (around Drop Caps)
Using drop caps at the beginning of the paragraph is a widely used layout style. Generelt, this style is included within the same text frame. Så, I dette tilfælde, you don’t need to worry about a text wrap. InDesign will recognize the element and push the other text on paragraph further from the letter that is enlarged.
alligevel, you can make the effect look more elegant and professional simply by creating a stand-alone drop cap. Imidlertid, this drop cap should be wrapped by the rest of the text. Steps mentioned below will help you bring up this effect.
1) Først og fremmest, create a pretty large text frame on the page layout. At gøre dette, you should use the Type Tool (which is denoted by T). Type in solitary character which will be used as the drop cap. To have text inside the large character, you should obviously pick a suitable option. That means an enclosed letter like O, Q, and D would be better. Imidlertid, depending on your creativity, you can use other letters as well. For eksempel, you can pick letter U, C, E, F, L, and P as well. Også, if you are ok with fitting text outside the character, you can use any letter. Don’t forget to pick a very appropriate font style and a font size.
2) Now that you are happy with the formatting of the text, you should focus on outlining the text. Even after outlining the text, you can rescale the letter without putting much effort. In order to create the outline, you should go to Type and select Create Outlines. Nu, the drop cap will appear in the form of a vector graphic on the layout.
3) You can now create a new text frame. This should be created either over the top or behind the drop cap toy have just put in. You can then allow the text frame to match the size of the drop cap. Let the edges of the text frame match the size of the letter (drop cap) approximately.
You can now select the vector drop cap. Derefter, choose the option called “Wrap Around Object Shape,” which is in the Text Wrap panel. You can also increase the offset value of the graphic. This should be done in order to push the text neatly and professionally on the layout.
Det er det!
En del 3. Wrap text in InDesign (around photos)
There are many occasions where you would need to wrap text around photos in your artwork. Godt, if you want to do it, it is a pretty simple task. All you need is to create an invisible vector shape around the image you need to be wrapped. Lad os se, hvordan det skal gøres.
Before starting this process, remember that photo-based text wraps should be created on separate layers. Med en sådan fremgangsmåde, you can manipulate the artwork pretty conveniently and reduce the potential for mistakes.
1) At gøre dette, you should go to the Layers panel. Go to Window and select Layers. Derefter, create three layers to begin the process. Name the layers as follows for your convenience.
- “Billede” for the bottom layer
- “Text Wrap Silhouette” for the middle layer
- “Type” for the top layer
Nu, go to the Image layer and use the Rectangle Frame Tool. This will allow you to create an image frame. Derefter, go to File Menu and select place. Choose an image that has a very positive silhouette (with strong contrast value) for better output. Derefter, click on Open so you can fill the frame.
2) When the size and the position of the image are fine, lock the layer named “Image.”
3) Derefter, unlock the middle layer (Text Wrap Silhouette).
4) Nu, select the Pen Tool and trace the edges that are around the photo. You should do this around the entire silhouette. Make sure that the line is united to make an enclosed shape.
5) Go to the Swatches panel. This could be done by selecting Window and then Color. You should then go to Swatches. The fill of the shape should be None.
6) Unlock the layer named “Typed.” Derefter, get a text frame to the page. This should overlap the edges of the silhouette.
7) Make sure you lock the Type layer as well. Derefter, go to the pen outline, which is created earlier on the middle layer.
8) When you are on the Text Wrap panel, set the wrap style to be “Wrap Around Object Shape” mulighed. Adjust the offset value and push the text to create a nice effect. If there are any outlying text, just forget it for the moment.
9) Get the Ellipse tool selected and fill the gaps within the silhouette of the image. Nu, you will see that the awkward text is gone.
10) Nu, igen, Fill Color of the ellipse shape should be none. Derefter, when it comes to text wrap, it should be Wrap Around Object Shape. This should be selected from the Text Wrap panel.
11) Go to Edit menu and select Copy the ellipse. Derefter, go to Edit once again and select Paste. Nu, the size of the shape should be adjusted on other gaps that look weird.
Det er det.
Godt, that hvordan man ombryde tekst i InDesign using different objects. We expect you to practice these methods several times so you will get used to them.