There are many instances in which a parent might need to view the iPhone call history of their kids. If you are among the millions of parents who want to view iPhone call logging, read this article on.
As anybody would realize, technology has brought various conveniences to our lives. It is evident that pretty much every person uses a smartphone today, and they accomplish various tasks with them. These smartphones have become commonplace, particularly among teenagers. Smartphones can be used for various purposes such as entertainment, education, and business in addition to staying connected. Well, just because of the highly versatile characteristics, parents should know how their kids are using smartphones. For instance, what if your kids are communicating with a culprit and put themselves in danger? What if your kid has already become a victim of a crook? As you might realize, there are plenty of threats out there in the world. So, as a responsible parent, you should know with whom your kids are keeping in touch. To do that, you should know how to view iPhone call history of your kid. Well, this guide shows how to view iPhone call history on different devices.
In this section of our article, we explain how to view iPhone call logging on different devices, which means, on your iOS device, Mac or Computer. There are several methods to do this, and you can follow the guidelines mentioned below.
Method 1: How to view iPhone call logging on the iPhone directly?
Gaining access to an iPhone’s call history is not that difficult. You don’t have to be techy to accomplish such a task. All you need is to follow the steps mentioned below and view the iPhone call history.
- As the first step, you should unlock the iPhone and ensure that the device is on Home Screen. If the device is on another screen, just press the Home button.
- When it comes to the bottom dock, you will see the Phone app logo. Just tap this icon so the Phone app will be opened.
- As the phone app appears, you should tap on the “Recent” tab to proceed. This tab is placed towards the bottom.
- You can now view the call history. This history comprises each and every missed call and inbound and outgoing calls on the iPhone.
- To view additional information about the call history, you should tap the little “i” icon. This will display the number, call duration, etc. The other actions, like the call, send messages, create contacts, FaceTime, etc. are there.
Method 2: how to view iPhone call logging on iPad?
If the iPad is your iOS device, you should follow the steps below to view the iPhone call history.
- First of all, you should open the Settings app using the “Settings” icon.
- Now, you should scroll down and select the option called “FaceTime” from the list.
- Under the “FaceTime” option, you should toggle on “Calls” from iPhone.” This option will view all the calls made by the iPhone device.
Please note that both the iPhone and iPad should be linked to the same Apple ID.
Method 3: How to view iPhone call history on Mac?
In this section, let’s see how to view iPhone calls using Mac.
- As the first step, you should open the Mac App Drawer. Then, you should locate the FaceTime app and open it up.
- You will now see that the FaceTime interface is opened, go to preferences option.
- Once the “Preferences” dialog box appears, you should click on the option labeled “Settings.”
- When the settings tab is opened, just tick on the option “Enable from iPhone.” This step will view the call history of the iPhone device.
Method 4: View iPhone call history using Spyzie (the best all-in-one solution)
Due to various reasons, Spyzie is considered to be the best tool to view an iPhone’s call history remotely. In addition to iPhones, it can view other devices’ call history very easily. Basically, with Spyzie, you will be able to monitor both Android and iOS devices.
This tool is powerful enough to keep a track on the target device in all the aspects. Meaning, it can track call history, location, internet browsing history, messages, etc. More importantly, this tool allows you to track the target phone from a remote location. So, if you want to keep an eye on your kid’s call history all the time, Spyzie is a perfect choice. Usually, kids aren’t that happy to show their call history or phone to their parents. Using Spyzie, you can overcome this issue very conveniently. In other words, this is the perfect spying tool for parents to keep an eye on their kids’ phones.
Reasons to select Spyzie
There are plenty of obvious reasons to select Spyzie to view iPhone call logging. One of the most important reasons is the exceptional convenience it delivers. You can install the app straightaway and configure it easily on the target device. When it comes to Android devices, you should install the APK file on the target device. However, when it comes to iOS devices, you can do it through the iCloud account (remote installation).
When it comes to accessing call logs of an Android device or an iOS device, just open Spyzie dashboard, this dashboard will offer the remote access to all the call logs and other features of the target device.
Spyzie also monitors the whereabouts of the target device. That means, this app can easily track the real-time location of the device. This is a very handy feature to get an idea about the exact whereabouts of the owner. Spyzie is capable of accessing the GPS and Wi-Fi locations to locate the target device on the map.
How to view iPhone call history using Spyzie?
Mentioned below are the steps to monitor iPhone call history.
1) First of all, you should visit Spyzie website and sign up for an account.
2) Then, you should enter a valid email ID and a password. Also, you should enter the name of the teenager, age, and OS of the target device. Our intention is to view the iPhone call history. So, we should proceed with iOS.
3) You will now find the iCloud login page. Enter the iCloud ID and the password you have created. When the valid credentials are provided, just click on the “Verify” button. Then, check the validation and start monitoring the iOS device.
4) When the process mentioned above is completed, you can Sign in to the dashboard of Spyzie. In this case, you will have to enter the account details used in the previous step.
5) After logging into the dashboard of the Spyzie, you will have to click on Call Logs. This option is located in the left pane of the screen. By doing this, you will be able to view the iPhone history of the target device. Moreover, this can be done using any device, be it your computer or any other smartphone.
It is so common for teenagers to delete their iPhone call logging if they have something to hide. If you ever want to know how to view iPhone call history when it is deleted, read this section.
Option 1: Use iCloud
To view iPhone call history (which is deleted), you can use iCloud. However, to do it, iCloud backup and sync option must be enabled on the computer. In that case, you can simply restore the iCloud backup and view it. Mentioned below are the steps to do so.
- Go to respective iPhone’s Settings app and open it.
- Find the “General” option by scrolling down and hit “Reset.”
- Now, you should select the option called “Erase all contents and settings” by tapping it.
- The device will now reboot, so you have to set it up from the device interface.
- Tap on “Restore from iCloud Backup” option and enter iCloud ID and password.
- Now, you should hit “Next” so the restoration process will complete.
- At the completion of the process, you should launch the Phone app to view the deleted call history.
Please note that this method affects the existing data of the target iOS device. Also, it demands you to reconfigure the device from scratch.
Option 2: Use iMyFone D-Back
The previous option has some drawbacks, as you noticed. To accomplish the same task without losing data or affecting the phone’s configuration, you can use iMyFone D-Back. You should follow the steps mentioned below to do so.
1) Launch iMyFone D-Back on your computer and select the option called “Recover from iOS Device.” Then, click on the option, labeled “Start.” Then, connect the iPhone to the same computer using the original USB cable. Once the device is detected, simply hit “Next.”
2) Select the option called “Call History” (this is the type of data you intend to recover). Hit “Scan” as well.
3) At the completion of the scanning process, you will see call history logs of the target device. then, select the option “Recover.” Now, the file will be saved to the computer. You can simply select “Show Deleted Data” to view the call history that is deleted.
Option 3: Extract call history from iTunes backup using D-Back
You can use the same software (D-Back) to restore deleted call history from iTunes backup. This option can be really advantageous if they have already deleted the call history from the device. Well, following are the steps to retrieve data (call history) from an iTunes backup.
1) Launch D-Back and select the option called “Recover from iTunes Backup.” Then, you should select the option “Start.” Then, select the option called “Call History.” This will be the data type you will recover from the backup. Hit “Next” to proceed.
2) Once the backup files are listed down, you should choose the most appropriate version and hit “Scan.”
3) At the completion of the process, you will see the call logs. Just hit “Recover” to save the items on the computer.
Option 4: Extract call history from iCloud using D-Back
When you restore your device from an iCloud backup, your existing data will be lost. Also, you should reconfigure the device. And, those are clear disadvantages. To overcome this issue, you can simply use D-Back and extract just the data needed. So, this process doesn’t require to restore the device completely thanks that D-Back offers selective backup. Such process delivers the following two main advantages.
- D-Back allows you to have a preview of the data you intend to recover.
- It allows you to restore data selectively instead of making a complete data restoration.
Here are the steps you should follow in order to recover data (call history) from iCloud backup.
1) Launch iMyFone D-Back on your computer and then select “Recover From iCloud Backup.” Then, click on “Start.” Go to the option “Call History” (the data you intend to recover) and hit “Next.”
2) Enter the iCloud account credentials when prompted and select the most appropriate backup for you. Then, you should click on “Next.” Wait for a while for the program to finish the analyzing process.
3) At the completion of the scan, just select the call history you intend to have back. Then, select the option “Recover,” so it will save the data on your computer.
It is true that we have composed this article for the use of concerned parents. However, it is also true that these options mentioned here can be used by other individuals as well. If you are an employer who wants to keep a track on your employees, these options might be useful. They can view iPhone call history of the employees and see if they do something unlawful during office hours. Now that you know how to view iPhone call history, please make sure that you use it responsibly. Please respect the privacy of the other users.