How to Restore and Backup Huawei Honor / Ascend / Mate Phone via 2 Methods
The data of the Huawei phone may be lost in many situations. When you root your Huawei, restore it to factory reset or update firmware without backing up your Huawei Phone, you will lose all of your important and precious data. So for emergency use, making a backup of your Huawei is necessary. You can restore your phone at any time. Here I will introduce 2 methods for you to create a backup and restore your Huawei phone.
Because the Android system is open, all the data on your phone can be accessible. The songs, photos, documents can be saved on SD card. Thus, you can take your Huawei phone as an external hard drive for your computer and open it on the computer to back up the data you wanted. After finished, you can restore the data to your phone anytime.
Please do as the following steps to backup and restore your Huawei:
- 1. Use the USB cable to connect the phone with your computer
- 2. The phone will be detected by the computer, then you can mount the phone as an external hard drive. If your Huawei can’t be recognized, you should check whether you have the driver of this phone model, if not, download and install the suitable driver.
- 3. Open the external hard driver of Huawei on your computer, find a Phone folder, then select it. You’ll see all the files on your phone on the screen.
- 4. Usually, you can find your songs, photos and movies in these folders called Music, Photos, Pictures, Movies, DCIM. Find these folders and copy the files to your computer. If you know the files you saved on your phone, you can find them and copy them to your computer.
- 5. You can use this way to restore the data when you lose the songs, photos, movies, and documents.
You can backup Huawei smartphone data without any external software or program. Follow below simple steps to make Huawei data backup without any 3rd-party tools.
Huawei Data Backup via Huawei Backup App
Step 1. When you enter the software backup page, you will see the Backup icon. Click on the ‘New Backup’ button under the ‘Local Backup’ as below.
Step 2. Now, you can select the data you would like to backup, such as contacts, messages, call record, and the like, after that, just click ‘Backup’ button to start the job.
Step 3. Once the process is done, all the selected Huawei data are backed up, then click the ‘OK’ button to finish the job. You will find all the backed-up record with time and date.
Restore Huawei Backed Up Data
Step 1. If you would like to restore Huawei backed up files, please click the Backup Record, and then enter the page of recovery. After that, select the files you prefer to restore and then click the ‘Restore’ button.
Step 2. Click ‘OK’ once the Huawei Data Restore process completed.
If you would like to make Huawei data backup and restore easier, dr.fone toolkit – Android data backup and restore is your best choice. It can help you manage all your Huawei smartphone files effortlessly.
- Selectively and flexibly backup and restore Android data between Huawei phone to computer in just 1-click
- You are allowed to preview your data before restoring them back to Huawei smartphones
- Support more than 8000 Android phones, including Huawei Honor, Mate, Ascend
- No data loss during whole Huawei file backup and restore process
Step 1. Free download and launch dr.fone toolkit. Click the ‘Backup&Restore’ and then select the ‘Android Data Backup and Restore’ option. After that, connect your Huawei phone to computer via USB cable. Dr.fone toolkit will detect your Huawei phone automatically.
When doing this, please make sure no other Android manager tool is running on your computer.
Step 2. Now, you can select the file types you would like to backup by clicking on the ‘Backup’ button. They include all data on your Huawei phone: contacts, messages, call history, calendar, videos, gallery, audio, app, app data, etc..
By the way, you can view your past backup data by clicking the ‘View Backup History,’ if you backed up Huawei phone data via dr.fone before.
After the backup job completed, you can click on the ‘View the backup’ to see them.
Step 3. Restore your Huawei backed up data
Click ‘Restore’ button, and then select the older backup file to restore them. In this process, you might be prompted to allow the Authorization. Just click ‘OK’ to proceed.
That’s it. It just takes a few minutes to complete your Huawei Data backup and restore job.