The data of Huawei phone may be lost in many situations. When you root your Huawei, restore it to factory reset or update firmware without backing up your Huawei Phone, you will lose all of your important and precious data. So for emergency use, making backup of your Huawei is necessary. You can restore your phone any time. Here I will introduce 2 methods for you to create backup and restore your Huawei phone.
I. Backup and restore Huawei without software
Because Android system is open, all the data on your phone can be accessible. The songs, photos, document can be saved on SD card. Thus, you can take your Huawei phone as an external hard drive for your computer and open it on computer to backup the data you wanted. After finished, you can restore the data to your phone anytime.
Please do as the following steps to backup and restore your Huawei:
- 1.Use the USB cable to connect the phone with your computer
- 2.The phone will be detected by the computer, then you can mount the phone as an external hard drive.If your Huawei can’t be recognized, you should check whether you have the driver of this phone model, if not, download and install the suitable driver.
- 3.Open the external hard driver of Huawei on your computer, find a Phone folder, then select it. You’ll see all the files in your phone on the screen.
- 4.Usually, you can find your songs, photos and movies in these folders called Music, Photos, Pictures, Movies, DCIM. Find these folders and copy the files to your computer. If you know the files you saved on your phone, you can find them and copy them to your computer.
- 5.You can use this way to restore the data when you lose the songs, photos, movies and documents.
II. Use MobileGo to Backup and Restore Huawei
You already know you can backup some files such as songs, photos, documents and restore them on your Huawei device. But not all useful data is saved on SD card. Some important files such as app data, calendars, contacts and more are in your phone memory. If you also want to back up and restore these data, you must use a 3rd party tool to help you. MobileGo is an easy-used and powerful software of making backup. With its help, you can backup and restore all the valuable data such as apps, app data, songs, photos, contacts, call logs, SMS and more with a single click.
Note: Now the MobileGo for Mac can’t support to make backup of app data.
What should you do to backup and restore Huawei device?
You should prepare:
- Huawei Honor / Ascend / Mate phone
- A PC or Mac
- USB cable
1.Install the MobileGo and run it, then connect your Huawei with your computer
Download MobileGo and install it on your computer, then run it. Use the USB cable to connect the phone with computer. Your computer will detect the Huawei phone and recognize it. Then the phone will be shown on the screen.
You also can connect the phone with computer via WIFI under window system. You need to install the MobileGo.apk on Huawei phone.
2.Backup your Huawei phone
Open the software and select One-click Backup, then it will bring you to backup window. All the files on your phone are ticked by default. Also you can just choose what you need. Select Browse and choose a save path to save the backup files. Then you click Backup to start backup process.
3.Restore your Huawei by using the backup files
Open the software and click Toolkit, then click Restore. Then all the backups will be shown on the window. Choose the backup you want. Then go to the lower right corner, select Restore.