Many individuals come across the requirement of PPT password remover tool. The public use of these tools is to remove password from PowerPoint presentations if the password is lost. Well, if you are one of those users, this article is just for you.
Using a password to protect a PowerPoint presentation is a pretty common instance if you are a PowerPoint user. However, individuals tend to forget or lose the passwords they use due to various reasons. Imagine that you created a PowerPoint presentation some time ago, and now you have forgotten the password. If not, what if you have received a password-protected PowerPoint presentation and you don’t know its password? Or, what if you need to edit a PowerPoint presentation which is protected by a password? Whatever the case it is, it can be pretty frustrating for any person.
The purpose of using a password on PowerPoint presentation is to protect its sensitive and personal information. Password-protected PowerPoint presentations cannot be opened or edited by those who don’t know the password. So, in the context of security, passwords are a nice and handy approach for any users. Nevertheless, the problem arises when the respective password is forgotten. Many individuals feel totally hopeless after losing or forgetting the password of a PowerPoint file. Well, in this article, we will explain how to remove password from PPT and get it opened successfully.
Part 1: How PowerPoint presentations are encrypted?
In fact, you can encrypt a PowerPoint presentation in two main ways.
Password protection to open the presentation
When anyone tries to open the presentation, you will be asked to provide a password to open it. To learn how to remove password from PowerPoint, you should read Part 02.
Password protection to modify the presentation
In this case, the password should be entered before making any adjustment to the presentation. To learn how to remove password from PPT, and start editing the presentation, read Part 03 of this article.
Part 2: How to remove password from PPT and open the document?
In this section of the article, we will explain how to get rid of the passwords used on PowerPoint. In fact, we will reveal three options to consider. Also, here is the best Word password remover and Excel password remover for you.
- 01. For the first option (General), you actually need the password to remove it from the presentation. That means, if you don’t know the password, you cannot remove it using this method.
- 02. The second option utilizes a powerful PPT password remover. With this, you can remove both opening and modifying passwords even if you don’t know the password.
- 03. Through the Inbuilt Decryption, you actually need the original password. However, please note that this method works only for PowerPoint versions 2010 to 2016.
2.1. Using the ‘General’ option
Now, let’s see how to use the ‘General’ option and get PowerPoint passwords removed easily. As mentioned before, however, this method requires you to know the password in advance.
1) Start the process by launching the PowerPoint presentation that is locked with a password.
2) If you are working with PowerPoint 2002, you should go to ‘Tools’ and select ‘Options.’
3) Then go to ‘Edit’ and find the option called ‘Password Protection’ under ‘Disable new Features.’ You will have to uncheck the checkmark just next to it.
4) If you use PowerPoint 2003, go to ‘File’ and select ‘Save As.’ Then, go to ‘Tools.’
5) Click on the ‘Security Options’ menu and delete the existing password.
6) If you are using PowerPoint 2007 or later, go to the Office button first.
7) Then, select ‘Save As’ and go to ‘Tools.’
8) Next, go to ‘General Options’ and delete the password.
9) Click on ‘OK’ so you can save the document without the password now.
That’s basically it!
2.2 Passper for PowerPoint (PPT password remover)
Well, if you use a powerful PPT password remover like Passper, the process of removing the password is different. Well, mentioned below are the details about this specific solution.
In fact, Passper is one of the most effective tools that can be used to remove a PowerPoint password. This tool comprises of the technology that requires to remove (decrypt) any PPT files no matter how complex it is. In addition to that, it will help you remove the password in a very speedier and effortless manner. The process is even easier if you have a clue about the respective password. Even if you don’t remember the password, the process is simpler than you think. As long as you follow the steps mentioned below, you can get rid of PPT passwords pretty easily.
Features of Passper for PowerPoint
Let’s take a quick look at the features of this tool.
- It can remove the opening and modifying passwords in your PPT presentation without much trouble.
- You can get rid of the PPT password (to modify) within 3 seconds.
- This is an easy-to-use password remover that requires no skills from the user. Even a novice user can make the best use of this software.
- It also saves the recovery status at any given time, so it saves your time.
- It is 100% reliable as this tool is developed by an esteemed developer (iMyFone).
How to remove password from PPT using Passper?
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to remove the password from PowerPoint.
1) As the first step, you should download the Passper for PowerPoint and get it installed. Then, you should launch the program and click on the option called ‘Recover Passwords.’
2) Then, you should click on the option ‘Add’ and browse for the PowerPoint presentation that is password protected.
3) In fact, this tool comprises of four different modes to attack the password. It depends on your awareness of the password. Mentioned below are the four types that help to make a choice.
This option makes use of a database for the passwords that are mostly used.
To use this option, you should provide at least one character of the password (numbers, symbols, or letters). The tool will combine the provided characters in various manners and find your password.
This is the mode that utilizes the clues you have about the PPT password and recover it. For instance, if you know a couple of characters of the password, Mask Attack will find the password.
Brute Force Attack
If you have no clue about the password and you don’t remember any character, this is the method. The program will search for all the possible combinations and find the password for you. However, please note that this process will take longer to be completed.
4) After selecting the correct attack mode, just click the option called ‘Recover’ to proceed. Wait for a while, and once the password is detected, you can see it on the main window. Then, you can use it to unlock the file.
5) After the file is decrypted, you may use the steps below to get rid of the password.
2.3. Inbuilt Decryption
As the third method, you can use the inbuilt decryption to get the password removed from PPT files. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to remove the passwords using inbuilt decryption.
1) As the first step, you should click on ‘File’ and go to ‘Info.’ Then, select ‘Protect Presentation’ and select ‘Encrypt with Password.’
2) Now, you should remove the password which is found in the password column. Then, click on OK so you can save the alterations made.
Part 3: How to remove ‘Password to Modify’ using Passper for PowerPoint?
Some PPT presentations come with a password so you cannot modify them although you can open them. Well, as long as you have a tool like Passper for PowerPoint, removing ‘modification password’ is simple. When the modification password is applied, you cannot remove or add files, add or modify text or images, etc. To do all those modifications, you should know the password. If not, you should get it removed. In fact, you can remove PowerPoint passwords through two methods.
3.1. Use Passper for PowerPoint (PPT password remover)
As a matter of fact, Passper for PowerPoint can necessarily remove the restrictions in terms of modification conveniently. More importantly, it can remove the password within 3 seconds or so and let you edit the file again. Below is the process of removing a password from PowerPoint for modification purpose.
1) Install and launch Passper for PowerPoint on your computer if you haven’t done it already. On the main window, you will see the ‘Remove Restrictions’ option. Then, use the option ‘Import File’ and search for the password protected file.
2) Now, click on the option called ‘Remove’ and then, the program will remove the password. It will take 2 seconds only.
3.2. Using File Extension
You can remove the modification password from a PPT file simply with an extension (without Passper for PowerPoint). To do this, you should rename the file extension first and then delete the protection. Below is the guide to do so.
Important: Please note that this method is substantially complicated. If you don’t have professional knowledge, we don’t recommend this option. Also, this process consumes a considerable amount of time.
1) First of all, make a copy and leave the original file.
2) Rename the copy (change the extension to .ZIP).
3) Open the new ZIP file and locate the .xml file in the same folder.
4) Now, extract the same file from ZIP and open it in Notepad (text editor).
5) Locate the tag that starts.
6) Delete the same.
7) Save the file and put it in the ZIP file to replace the older file.
8) Rename the ZIP file once again and open the PPT file.
That’s how to remove password from PPT and get it in the editing mode again. We sincerely hope that this article provided some valuable information for our readers. Good luck!