“I recently bought my iPhone 8, and while it’s been a fantastic phone, I recently started experiencing iPhone 8 frozen frequently. It prevents me from using my iPhone 8, and all I want to do is fix iPhone 8 frozen, but I have no idea how to; what can I do?!” – This is a problem which iPhone users have been dealing with for years although as pressing as this issue is, Apple offers very little help to fix it.
Let’s face it – problems like this are incredibly frustrating to deal with, especially given that they prevent you from using any of your device’s features. You see, other iOS issues can be dealt with by simply messing around with your settings or turning the device off and on. However, with the iPhone 8 frozen screen problem, you aren’t able to do anything as your iPhone is completely unresponsive. Fortunately, there are a few different solutions to this problem, none of which are difficult to complete, and all of which are incredibly effective for dealing with this issue – so, without further ado, let’s jump right in.
As we briefly mentioned above, one of the things that you can do to fix an iOS issue is to restart your iPhone once or twice. Generally, this will fix your problem by simply reloading the iOS system. However, if you aren’t able to interact with your iPhone’s user interface, then you can’t restart it using the typical restart method.
This is where force restarting comes in. Force restart is an iPhone feature which has been built-in for situations like this and even if your iPhone is completely unresponsive, you’re still able to force restart. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Step #1 – Take your iPhone and press the “Volume Up” button on the side for just a second, before quickly releasing.
- Step #2 – Press your “Volume Down” button on the side, again just for a second, and quickly release it.
- Step #3 – Lastly, press and hold your iPhone’s “Power” button. Continue to do this until you see the Apple logo appear on the iPhone’s display and once it does, release.
- Step #4 – Your iPhone will now begin to force restart, which should take no more than a few minutes.
Typically, this is a quick fix for most iOS or iPhone issues, and once your iPhone has loaded up, the problem will be gone. That being said, if this doesn’t fix iPhone 8 frozen, one of the other fixes that we’ve provided below will help you out.
DFU mode is a built-in iOS feature which is designed to wipe your iPhone, remove all of your personal data, reset the device’s settings, and basically, thoroughly factory reset your device. Due to the fact that all of your personal data will be removed, you might want to consider this as a “last resort” if none of the other fixes help you.
To enter DFU mode and fix iPhone 8 frozen screen, follow our guide below.
- Step #1 – Connect your iPhone 8 to your computer using a lightning cable and launch iTunes.
- Step #2 – Press your iPhone’s “Volume Up” button for a second, before quickly releasing it and immediately doing the same with the “Volume Down” button.
- Step #3 – Next, hold the “Power” button until your device turns off, then you should release the button.
- Step #4 – Once powered down, wait a few seconds before holding both the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time for approximately 5 seconds.
- Step #5 – After this time, release the “Power” button but continue to press the “Volume Up” button until you see iTunes alert you that the device is now in DFU mode.
- Step #6 – Click on the “OK” button and lastly, click on “Restore iPhone”.
- Step #7 – Follow the on-screen instructions, and after a few minutes, your iPhone should be usable once again.
Again, it’s best if you leave this fix until you have tried some of the other fixes that we’ve discussed in this article. The last thing you want to do is lose your personal data (your photos, videos, text message, everything!).
Now, if none of the fixes that we have shown you so far have helped you to fix iPhone 8 frozen, using iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery is your best choice. This program is the perfect tool for the job and has been developed for the sole purpose of fixing iOS problems – without a doubt the tool for the job.
Follow the steps below to fix your iPhone 8’s frozen screen and if you don’t already have this program on your computer, download and install it beforehand.
Step #1 – Connect your iPhone 8 using the appropriate lightning cable and launch iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery to begin.
Step #2 – Once the program has opened, click on the “Fix iOS System” option from the left panel, followed by “Standard Mode” from the display which is shown.
Step #3 – You’ll now be prompted to put your device into DFU mode (or recovery mode). If you don’t know how to do this then either follow the instructions shown on-screen or refer to “Fix #2” where we have provided instructions.
Step #4 – Next, you’ll be prompted to enter some basic information about your device.
Step #5 – After entering the required information, click on “Download“. iMyFone D-Back will now download a fresh copy of iOS firmware to fix iPhone 8 frozen.
Step #6 – Lastly, once it has been downloaded, simply click on the “Start to Fix” button and iMyFone D-Back will re-install your iPhone 8 firmware.
This will only take a few minutes, and while you will have all of your personal data wiped from the device, you’ll quickly regain access to your iPhone.
If none of the fixes that we’ve explained to you above has helped to fix iPhone 8 frozen then the chances are that there is something wrong with your device’s hardware. Unfortunately, there isn’t anything that you can do to fix a smartphone’s hardware unless you have access to the professional equipment, and so your only option now is to contact an Apple store.
Fortunately, given that iPhone 8’s are very new and are one of the most recent smartphone releases, you’ll most likely be given a replacement without any additional costs – faulty devices in the early days of a release is typically due to a manufacturing problem, thus, isn’t your fault.
What You Need to Know About iMyFone D-Back
Now that you know how to use iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery to fix your iPhone 8, or any iOS device for that matter, we’re going to list some of the other key features which are a part of it.
- Advanced Mode. If you use the method above with iMyFone D-Back and “Standard Mode” doesn’t get the job done, “Advanced Mode” is a more thorough and aggressive fix which will.
- Recover Data from Backup. Rather than having to restore an entire iPhone backup to your device to recover a single piece of data, you can use iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery to decompress and explore any backups that you’ve taken – from iTunes, iCloud, or even data which you accidentally deleted.
- Data Types. This program is compatible with over 20 different types of iOS data.
Whatever the problem is with your iPhone is, iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery is the program that you need on your side.
There are bound to be a few problems with your iPhone over its lifetime. However, if after just a few weeks of having your iPhone 8 you run into a problem like your iPhone 8 frozen, there’s most likely an underlying issue with the device. If it is a software/firmware issue then don’t worry, you can fix these problems yourself, and usually, this isn’t a result of a faulty device, so there’s nothing to worry about – aside from the fact that your personal data may be lost. On the other hand, if it’s a hardware issue then contacting Apple would be in your best interests.