How to Find WiFi Password on iPhone Effortlessly?
As of today, pretty much every household has a WiFi connection to let the residents access the internet conveniently. Usually, these networks are configured with a password. Well, using a password to protect your WiFi network is a smart move in the context of security. After connecting your iOS device to one of those WiFi networks, the device will store its password. But just because the device has stored your password, it doesn’t give access to the network persistently. In certain instances, you tend to forget the WiFi password. As a result, you will not be able to connect to the internet.
Well, it is really annoying if you have forgotten the WiFi password when you badly need it. If you know how to find WiFi password on iPhone, your frustration will be over soon. With that said, from this point onwards, let’s see how to find WiFi password on iPhone.
Note: Should you have these problems, click to know more: GPS signal not found 11, how to record Pokemon GO by powerful Pokemon Go Recorder, iPhone 6 GPS not working.
You must know that jailbroken iPhone done have the warranty from Apple any longer. However, jailbroken iPhones offer more flexibility as opposed to the others. For instance, you can install various apps on a jailbroken iPhone without much trouble. If your iPhone is jailbroken, finding the forgotten WiFi password is a walk in the park for you. In this section of our article, let’s see how to find WiFi password on iPhone which is jailbroken. In fact, we offer two practical options to get your WiFi password. You can try either of those options and find the best fit.
1) Access “WiFi Password” through Cydia
- Go to “Cydia” app on your jailbroken iPhone and perform a search using the phrase “WiFi Password”. Then, tap on the option “Install” to go to advance to the next level.
- At the completion of the installation, tap on the option “Return to Cydia”.
- Press the Home button of your device to go back to the home screen. Then, you should launch the “WiFi Password” app. After launching the app, you will be able to see the Wi-Fi networks that are used on the iPhone. More importantly, you will be able to see all the passwords associated with those WiFi networks.
2) Use NetworkList to see the WiFi Passwords
This is another option that should be accessed through Cydia.
- Launch the Cydia app, tap on the search box and then type in the phrase “NetworkList”.
- Download the app and get is installed on the device.
- When prompted, tap on the option labeled “Restart Springboard”. You can see that your home screen restarts.
- Then, you should go to the “Settings” app and open “WLAN”. You can then see the option “Known Networks” on the list.
- Tap on the said option and see the passwords that are relevant to the WiFi networks connected.
Well, those are the two options you can try if you need to find WiFi password on jailbroken iPhone. However, there are several other options you can try if you need to find WiFi Password in iPhone. But most of those apps work only on jailbroken devices. As we mentioned before, jailbreaking should not be a preferred option. Jailbroken devices are usually more vulnerable to a variety of threats. Also, Apple’s warranty on your iOS device ends if you jailbreak the device. So, as an iPhone user, you should find a way to acquire the password without using jailbreaking. The next section of our article is dedicated to explaining how to find WiFi password without jailbreaking the device.
Besides, here is how to change AT&T WiFi password for you too.
It is true that we have limited options when downloading apps on jailbroken devices. But that is for your own safety. So, let’s try to restore the WiFi network utilizing the features that are already available for you.
1) Through router settings
Those who use iPhones and other iOS devices can use router settings to acquire WiFi password. The steps you should follow to do so are as follows.
- Go to “Settings” app and select the option “WLAN”. You can then see all the network names available on your device. Determine the network you need to access and choose the “i” icon next to it. Then, you should note down the IP address of the router.
- Now, launch your web browser (Safari) and key in the IP address. Then, you will get the interface of the router page.
- Use the default credentials to log into the router page. You can easily find the default credentials of the router by Googling it.
- You can then navigate through the interface and find the password of your router.
2) Through iCloud Keychain
iCloud Keychain is another option you can try to retrieve the forgotten WiFi network. If you have configured multiple devices under the same iCloud account, WiFi network data will be shared over devices. Let’s see how to use this feature and access your lost password.
- Go to “Settings” app on your iPhone and tap on your iCloud option.
- Tap on the option “Keychain” to turn this option on.
- Go to “Settings” app and then go to “Personal Hotspot” option.
- Now, turn your Mac and then connect it to the hotspot you have just created.
- You should then use the key combination CMD + Space and access “Searchlight” on the mac.
- Then, type the phrase “Keychain Access” in the box and hit the “Enter” key.
- After accessing the “Keychain”, you can enter the name of the network.
- Tick the checkbox beside the option labeled “Show Password”.
If prompted, you will have to enter the password on the Mac and enter the admin account. Then click on “Allow” to see the password.
Now the Wi-Fi password should appear in the text box next to Show Password.
If you are yet to succeed with the options mentioned above, you should try a professional solution. In this case, we will be using special software called Tenoshare 4MeKey. In fact, this is a powerful key that comes with a range of features that are exceptionally useful. This software is specifically designed to manage and find passwords on iOS devices. With this tool, you can find all the password information that is stored in iOS devices. That includes WiFi passwords, login information on apps and websites, etc. Also, you can manage mail account password, Apple ID and even the credit card information. Apart from that, you can use this software to export other password manager tools.
Key features of Tenoshare 4MeKey
- Can find all the saved Wi-Fi passwords on your iOS devices
- Recover all the passwords associated with websites, apps, and other accounts
- It can scan and view all the mail accounts and even the credit card information on the device
- It also shows the Apple ID and the passwords saved on your iOS device
- Transfer all the passwords from phone to iOS password manager apps
Well, let’s see how to use Tenoshare 4MeKey and find your WiFi password.
1) Go to the official website of Tenoshare 4MeKey and download the software into your computer.
2) Then, connect the iPhone or the iPad into the same computer and click on the option “Start Scan“.
3) Now, you should wait for a couple of minutes to see the passwords of the connected WiFi networks.
As you would notice, Tenoshare 4MeKey is an exceptionally convenient way to retrieve the forgotten network password on iPhones. It doesn’t require you to jailbreak the device in order to retrieve the passwords. Moreover, this tool comes with a convenient user-interface as well.
Bonus tool: Tenoshare iBackup Unlocker to Remove your iPhone backup password
No shortage of iPhone users complain about forgotten iTunes backup passwords. Those who use iOS 11 can access the Settings app and go to General option. Then, go to Reset to get all the settings to reset. This process will reset the layout of the home screen and also the backup password. But, the most important thing you should remember is that the backup will not be available anymore. Losing your backup can be a loss you cannot afford in most of the cases.
However, with the assistance of Tenoshare iBackupUnlocker, you can remove the iTunes password from previous backups. More importantly, this option lets you access the files in the backups. Even if you have forgotten the entire password, you can remove it conveniently and still access the data.
Well, that is how you can find WiFi password on iPhone. You can use the default options or the professional solution we have presented and start accessing the network again. Good luck!