Dacă rulați un server de discordie, you might have come across the requirement of cleaning old unnecessary messages. Pentru mulți utilizatori, cleaning up these old messages is a painstaking task. Things can become even challenging when the number of messages is piling up. Asa de, it would be handy for any user to learn how to clear Discord chat.
It is absolutely true that many of the individuals consider Discord to be a voice chat app. in orice caz, Discord permits users to use text chats as well. Ca rezultat, Discord users tend to share various messages in the form of text within the community. Regardless of the fact that Discord is mainly used among gamers, it competes with other chat apps as well.
În acest articol, we will explain how to handle the Discord server by removing unnecessary messages properly. În plus față de, these instructions will be immensely helpful in managing Discord server.
Sending Text Messages Using Discord
De fapt, the messages you send in Discord can fall into two different categories. Și anume, they can either be Direct Messages or Channel Messages.
- mesaje directe: These are the messages that are sent privately between two users.
- Channel Messages: These messages are sent within a group created within a particular channel.
Both of these messages actually work in pretty different ways. De asemenea, different sets of rules are applied to both of the messages. At the initial stage of Discord, the administrators were given permission to delete the messages. Mai important, they were allowed to delete the messages in bulk form. De asemenea, the particular feature was included within Discord’s UI itself. in orice caz, this option has caused several issues within the database of Discord. When a large number of admins simultaneously delete bulk messages on Discord servers, issues can occur. To prevent such problems, this functionality was completely removed from the native UI of the Discord app. in orice caz, you can still delete the messages in Discord. The only thing is that they have made it relatively challenging. Because of this relatively complex feature, users are not encouraged to delete messages like before. Because of this complexity, we intend to explain the process for our readers. Asa de, if you are using Discord messaging app and learn how to clear Discord chat, keep reading.
How to clear Discord chat (direct messages) on Discord
De fapt, there is no way to delete a message in Discord if it is a ‘Direct Message.’ Asa de, our solution to this is closing the respective chat panel. Cu ce, you will be able to close the panel, and no one will be able to see messages. De asemenea, daca este necesar, you can erase your copy of a respective message. Ca rezultat, the respective message will disappear from history. in orice caz, the messages of the panel will actually remain in the servers and the other person’s chat panel. If you wish to know how to do it, urmați pașii menționați mai jos.
1) Pentru inceput, you should right-click on the user with whom you have a dispute.
2) Acum, move to the pane labeled ‘Direct Message’ (which is located towards the left-hand side of the screen). Atunci, hover the mouse pointer over the conversation. Atunci, click on the ‘X’ mark that appears. In the Direct Message pane on the left side of the screen, hover over the conversation. Atunci, you should perform a click on the X that appears.
3) You will see that the conversation will disappear immediately. in orice caz, this is not a complete deletion. In schimb, it will just go from your end. You should also remember that you will not see any confirmation dialog box with this action. That means you cannot undo the action. Asa de, it is important to click on ‘X’ buttons after a thorough consideration of the action.
How to clear Discord chat (Channel Messages)
The previous option allows you to make Direct Messages disappear. Acum, in aceasta sectiune, we will let you know how to clear Discord chat in channel messages. When it comes to deleting channel messages in Discord, you can use three methods. În această secțiune a articolului nostru, we will explain all those three methods so you can use them.
Metodă 01: How to clear Discord chat via Manual Deletion
Manual deletion is the first method we introduce to get rid of Channel Messages in Discord Chat. În urma sunt pașii pentru a face acest lucru.
1) Ca prim pas, you should get the text channel opened (where the respective message is located).
2) Acum, hover the mouse pointer over the respective message so you will see a three-dot icon. This icon contains options related to the message. This message appears towards the right-hand side screen. Atunci, you should select the option ‘Delete.’
3) Confirm the delete action.
This option works fine if there are only a couple of messages to delete. in orice caz, if you have a large number of text messages, această metodă nu poate lucra pentru tine. În acest caz, you will have to think of another convenient method.
Metodă 02: How to clear Discord chat using a Bot
When there are multiple messages to delete from your Discord Chat, you can consider using a Bot. De fapt, there are designated bots that can be used to delete messages. There is no shortage of options to choose when you are looking for a bot. But if you can choose a bot like MEE6, that would be great as it delivers results. De asemenea, the installation of this bot is pretty simple compared to the other options. Mentioned below are the steps to delete messages using MEE6 Bot.
1) Log into your server of the Discord.
2) Mergi la MEE6 Official website.
3) Acum, select the option ‘Add to Discord’ and give it the required permission on the server.
4) Select the server on which you will install the bot.
5) Authorize when MEE6 asks for permissions.
6) In the MEE6 control panel, you should enable the Moderation plugin option.
7) La finalizarea instalării, you will see a large range of commands to use.
After authorizing, you will be able to use several commands to get the messages cleared. În acest caz, we recommend using ‘!clear @username’. This command will delete 100 messages of a user. If you use ‘!clear 1000’ you will be able to delete 1000 previous messages on the respective channel. De fapt, the number in the command defines the number of messages you can delete. in orice caz, the maximum number of messages is 1000. That means you can delete up to 1000 messages simultaneously using this bot method. Compared to the previous options, this is a very handy option when you have bulks of messages to be deleted.
În general, MEE6 is supposed to work fine unless something miserable happens. If it doesn’t work, in orice caz, there should be another option to try. Although MEE6 bot is a real convenience when it comes to deleting bulks of messages, it may fail occasionally. Asa de, you can try this cloning option if you have no success with the MEE6 bot option. As per this option, we will explain how to solve the issue by cloning the channel.
De fapt, through this method, you actually create a whole new copy of the channel. in orice caz, the new channel you create will not contain any of the older messages. Bine, this is a tricky process, dreapta? Mentioned below are the steps to follow in order to get this process completed and delete old messages.
1) Make a list of all the bots you have included in the channel. That is because the bots will not be copied either when you clone a channel. Asa de, have them listed down to install them later on once the channel is set up.
2) Right-click on the respective channel you intend to clone.
3) Select the option called ‘Clone Channel.’
4) You can now rename the channel if it is required.
5) Acum, click on the option called ‘Create Channel.’
6) Delete the original channel where unwanted messages were piled up.
7) Acum, you can open the new channel and get the bots installed again. De fapt, this is when the list becomes essential.
Grozav! Now all the messages are gone, and you can start fresh from scratch.
Bine, now you know how to clear Discord chat, you can put that into practice. We hope you’d find this information to be useful. Mult noroc!