If you are a Gmail user, you might have come across the requirement of Gmail account recovery. Such a need can arise when you have forgotten your Gmail password and still need to sign in. Any user can forget his or her Gmail password due to several reasons. For instance, if you have not used a Gmail account for a long time, you may forget it. Also, if you have kept yourself signed in to your Gmail account for some time, you can forget the password. Regardless of the reason, when you have forgotten Gmail credentials, it can be a frustration for you.
Basically, there are two methods to follow if you need to do a Gmail account recovery. You can either try a Gmail recovery through username or the Gmail account itself. If you already remember the username but not the password, you can use it. To recover the password through the account itself, you should enter the full email address. It is important that you enter the entire email address. Make sure that you enter the part after the @ sign (@gmail.com) as well. If you don’t enter that respective part, you will not be able to recover it. Click to know how to strikethrough Gmail text or how to hack Gmail account if you are interested in it.
If you don’t remember the Gmail username, you shouldn’t worry at all. There is a good chance of recovering your Gmail username back without struggling a lot. With a couple of simple steps, you should be able to recover the Gmail username back. Following is the list of options you will need to recover the Gmail username.
1) You must go to the official Gmail website as the first step of this process. Then, you will have to enter the email. Since you don’t remember the precise information related to your Gmail, you will have to find another way. So, without wasting time trying to access the account, you should click on the button labeled “Need Help” for Gmail account recovery.
2) Next, you should see that you are directed to a page with a range of options. One of these options would read “I don’t know my username”. You should click on this option and proceed to the next level.
3) You should now get the assistance of the phone number associated with your Gmail account. Every Gmail account should have a phone number associated with it. This is one of those instances where the associated phone number becomes exceptionally handy. You can easily retrieve the username, email address and password of your account through this phone number. To make it possible, you can activate the radio button labeled “Enter your recovery phone number”. Then, enter your phone number which is associated with the Gmail account you are using. Then, you will get a verification code on the mobile. This code can reach your phone as a text message or a voice call (depending on your preference). You can then enter the details like first name and the last name of Gmail account you are trying to recover. Make sure to confirm that you are not a robot. You should then submit the completed form to proceed Gmail account recovery.
4) You will then receive a verification code with a six digit. Make sure that you should have the phone switched on during this process. Enter the code you received and then press “Next” to proceed Gmail account recovery.
5) After entering the verification code, you will be able to see the username. This is the username which is associated with the Gmail account you are trying to perfrom Gmail account recovery.
6) However, if you don’t remember the phone number, the above steps don’t work (obviously). In that case, you should seek the assistance of your recovery email address. When it comes to the recovery email address method, you will be getting a recovery link. To get this link, you should enter the recovery email address. This email address must have been added to the account when you sign up for the first time. Now, you shouldn’t forget to verify the identity simply by entering the name (first and last). In addition to that, you should also check the option “I’m not a robot”. Then, you should click on the “Submit” option.
7) After clicking on the submit button, you will see the information about the email or username. The recovery email address will get an email from Gmail about the email address indicated.
To access a Gmail account, there are multiple ways. You can choose the best option of all that matches your convenience.
1) By visiting the Gmail website
Open a web browser of your preference and go to gmail.com. Then, you should enter the username and password.
2) By using your smartphone
In fact, this is considered to be one of the most popular options nowadays. That is because of the widespread use of smartphones and their impressive features. To access your Gmail account, you should go to the settings option of the smartphone. Then, you should go to the mail option. You can then select the option of adding a new email account. You should then enter the information as required to complete the process.
3) By using the offline method
To access your Gmail account offline, you should first go to Chrome Webstore. Then, go to the app labeled Gmail Offline. Download the app on your computer, install it and use it.
4) By using the desktop client
You can choose the email client depending on your preference. In fact, there is a wide range of email clients for you to select from. You can select from Microsoft Outlook, GMDesk, Mozilla Thunderbird or something similar. All you have to do is to download the app, configure it and use it.
5) By using a public computer
To do this, you should go to Google Sesame on any public computer.
To avoid the unpleasant surprises associated with Gmail, you should adhere to some precautionary methods. In this section of our article, we will explain some important tips you should consider as a Gmail user. These tips will surely help you to strengthen the security of your Gmail account.
No matter whether you use Gmail for official work or personal communication, the security is a prime concern. If you don’t take this seriously, you can become an easy target of a cyber-attack (which are pretty common).
Mentioned below are those tips you should consider when using a Gmail account.
1) Enable 2-Step verification process
This is a very secure method introduced by Google to protect their Gmail users from identity thefts. As per this feature, an additional layer of security is added to your conventional Gmail settings. After adding the 2-step verification process, you will be able to protect your Gmail account from hackers.
2) Enable HTTPS
You should also consider adding HTTPS security to your Gmail account. With HTTPS, you will be able to protect the Gmail account with a strong approach. Such an approach would be really handy when you log into your Gmail using a public hotspot. It can also be useful when you use a non-encrypted network. To enable the HTTPS security, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Settings of your Gmail interface and select General option
- Then, go to the option labeled Browser Connection
- Then, select the option always use HTTPS
3) Observe the option “Grant Account Access”
This method is exceptionally handy in order to determine if someone has already hacked into your email. Some hackers can access the account pretty conveniently by granting themselves the access. To get rid of this issue, you can check if someone has already been added to your account. To do so, you can go to Settings option and select Accounts and Import. Then, go to the option “Grant Access to your account”. Make sure there is no unknown emails are there.
4) Stay away from public hotspots
Although HTTPS can keep you away from potential hacking threats, it is always recommended to avoid public hotspots. In general, public hotspots are easy targets of hackers. That means you should avoid the networks available at coffee shops, libraries, malls, restaurants, etc.
5) Don’t use public computers
Public computers (in cafés etc.) may have keyloggers installed in them. These keyloggers can capture your Gmail password easily and transmit that into a hacker. Such dangerous approach can destroy the security of your Gmail account and personal information. So, be sure to avoid public computers whenever it is possible.
In addition to that, as a habit, change your Gmail’s password regularly. As a no-brainer, never share your password with anyone (even with your besties).
Those are the methods you can try when you need to perform a Gmail account recovery. We hope the Gmail account recovery methods we presented in this article be of some use for you. Good luck.