More often than not you will find the need to export photos from iPhone 7 due to various different reasons such as the need for additional storage space, or as a safety backup, or because of privacy issues. The camera in iPhone is an important feature that adds to its value. With every new iPhone version the camera quality also improves.
You can be sure the pictures from your iPhone are of the best quality than any other model smartphones in the market. The pictures on Flickr and other sites stand proof of this fact. But with an increase in image quality, the resolution also increases in direct proportion. This lands you with a need for additional storage space. If you love photography and take selfies frequently, you will realize that the big storage space you had banked on is not so big after all.
But you need not worry. There are quite a number of ways to easily export the photos in your smartphone to your system or store them in the cloud. This way you can save the needed space and also make sure you can access the stored photos even when your phone breaks or is stolen. You can export photos from iPhone 7 easily in four different and distinct ways based on some factors like your iTune or iCloud accounts and the model of phone you have.
Before you move on to learn about the methods here are some considerations:
Photos are saved in iPhone in three main modes such as
1. Photo Library: This works with iCloud manager and helps secure all the videos and pictures you have stored in the iCloud account
2. Photo Stream: This feature is available only with iCloud. It has pictures that are stored in the iCloud account you have set up.
3. Camera Roll: This feature displays all pictures that are stored physically in the device
Photo Library differs from the Camera Roll and Photo Stream features, as it stores all videos and images automatically. And it also automatically updates any edits you have done on the photos. For the photos to appear on your iPad, you do not need any type of synchronization.
The ideal tool for iPhone 7 file backup
Dr.Fone software for iOS Data Backup & Restore is the perfect tool to backup and restore all the files you want in a single place without any hassles. The software is very simple to use and does not need any elaborate set up because of its convenient and well-designed interface.
The advantages of Dr.Fone for iOS software include
- Use a single click to export photos from iPhone 7 to your computer
- Backup of entire iOS device data to the computer in a single click
- Export, restore and preview any item in the backup to another device
- Performs backup without any loss to data
- Compatible with Mac 10.15 and Windows 10
- Supports iPhone versions including 4s/4/5/5c/5s/6splus/6s/6 plus/6/SE/7/8/X/XS/XR/11 which run 6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13 iOS versions
Steps to Export photos from iPhone 7 to computer selectively
1. The first step is to download dr.fone software. Install it on your PC and launch it.
2. Click on the tab and when it opens, connect the iPhone device to the system with USB cable. It will take a few minutes for synchronizing the phone to the computer.
3. Now choose the option, ‘Backup & Restore‘. This will begin the process of backup and also restore the data. The software will do an automatic scan of all the files in your iPhone.
The scanned files will be listed, so you can view them and when you have reviewed them you can click on the Backup option to complete the backup. The backup takes only a few minutes and you can also monitor the entire backup process, while it is underway.
4. After backup is complete, the next step is to choose any one of the two options namely export the files to your computer or restore the files back in your iPhone.
For restoring the files in your device, you should choose the, ‘Restore to Device‘ option. Since the main purpose of backup here is to export photos, you need to just opt for the ‘Export to PC‘ icon.
Wait until the full export process is completed.
The Image Capture feature on iPhone can be used to export pictures easily. Here are the steps you need to follow to enable this method of transfer.
1. The first step is to connect the PC to your iPhone. Use the USB cable of the device for this connection. It will take a few minutes for the two devices to connect and synchronize.
2. Now run the Image Capture software on the computer. In the list-icon for devices present on the left side of the interface, select the iPhone device you have and open it.
3. Now you can view the images on the right side of the interface. Choose the ‘Import to’ option on the bottom part of the interface. Select Mac as the preferred destination for importing the files using the drop down menu list of the import option.
Now you have to choose the pictures you want to import from the folder in your Camera Roll feature. Using the option, ‘Import all’ will automatically import all the pictures in the folder.
Note: The advantage of using this method is it is fast, easy and you will not need any additional program for doing the export process for your photos. The drawback is that this method will not be possible if you do not possess USB cable.
Here are the steps to enable this transfer.
1. The first step is to turn the Photo Stream feature on in your device. You can do this by clicking on ‘Settings’ option and choosing ‘iCloud’. Select Photos from iCloud option and slide the bar in Photo Stream to right side.
2. Download iCloud in your computer. Install and launch it. The interface is easy to use. Click on, ‘Options’ tab present near Photos icon. Select, ‘Apply’ from the list.
3. In the options list that opens now choose the option, ‘My Photo Stream’. Confirm the selection by selecting, ‘done’ tab present on right side of the interface. Now all images you want to export will synchronize. They are then automatically exported to your computer.
The advantage of this method is you will not have to be concerned about the quality of the picture. This method completely retains the full clarity of the picture.
But there is one drawback to this method. You have to use external software and download it in your system to export your photos stored in Photo Stream feature
The main advantage of this method, when compared to the other methods is you need not purchase or download special software. Here are the steps to follow to Export Photos from iPhone 7 without using software.
1. Connect iPhone to the system with USB cable. The computer will detect your device automatically.
This can be seen by clicking on the option, ‘Devices’.
2. You will receive a pop up notification of auto play type asking you to export the images you want. This depends on the settings in your iPhone and PC.
3. Click on the option. If this does not work, click on the device to open the feature.
4. Now you will view the option that says ‘Import Videos and Pictures’. Select the option to start the file search process. When the search is complete, choose the ‘import’ button. This will start the file import process.
5. The importing of file can be viewed on the monitor. You can see the duration of the process and time elapsed depends on number of files you want to import.
Note: As with other methods, this method too has its own advantages and drawbacks. As mentioned before this method does not require use of a program externally for the process. The drawback is it is not possible to select the picture types you wish to import.
The four methods explained above help you know how easy the entire process of exporting photos is. You can do the process in just a few minutes regardless of the method you use. By knowing all the four methods, you will be able to export photos from iPhone 7 and access the pictures you want from whatever format they are stored in.