كيفية تعطيل البواب إلى السماح التطبيقات التثبيت من أي مكان في ماك كاتالينا
It is a known fact the Apple will only install apps that have been confirmed from the App Store. You will have a tough time downloading apps from other locations and will not install after downloading. This happens because the security feature of the operating system called Gatekeeper verifies the downloaded applications before allowing them to run. But the good news is that there are quite a few ways by which you can bypass and disable Gatekeeper and install all sorts of apps on your Mac.
What is the Gatekeeper in Mac?
حسب الاسم المقترح, Gatekeeper is Apple’s security feature that keeps a check on the apps being installed on your Mac and keep the rest away. It was first introduced in the MacOS 10.7.3 (Lion) in the year 2011.
You will see that Apple reviews and offers only those apps that are safe and compatible to use. MacOS Gatekeeper verifies the application before allowing them to run; this implies that the apps that are not listed in the Apple Store cannot be installed into your Mac.
Gatekeeper security applies only to the apps downloaded from the Internet. Installation of applications from other sources like removable media or network drives is not checked by the security feature.
When you attempt to download an application from the Internet, the Gatekeeper will behave in any one of the three ways in details:
- If the App has been downloaded from the App Store, the Gatekeeper will, بشكل افتراضي, allow it to be installed. All the software and apps listed under the App Store undergo the process of code review by the engineers of Apple and given a set of unique cryptographic digital signature that is then verified by Gatekeeper.
- If the App is not a native of the App Store, the Gatekeeper will look for a digital signature that identifies the developer. And if the signature is verified by the Gatekeeper, you can download and install the application if it is compatible with your system.
- If there is no digital signature, the operating system will warn you that the developer has not been identified and the App will not be installed.
MacOS Catalina’s Gatekeeper keeps these apps from being installed on your device for your own security. بشكل افتراضي, the Gatekeeper will not allow you to install any app, even if you trust the app developer. The security feature is responsible for significantly reducing the chances of malware that can be unintentionally or accidentally installed on your Mac device. ومع ذلك, you have the option of changing the settings and disable Gatekeeper to perform the installation within a few minutes.
بالإضافة إلى, you also have the option to install apps by ‘Identified Developers,’ apart from the ones that are already found in the App Store. Identified developers are developers whose apps cannot be found in the App Store, but has been tested and proven for security by Apple. To allow the installation of these apps, you can head over to the ‘تفضيلات النظام‘ ثم ‘Security and Privacy‘ اختيار. هنا, search and click on the General tab and choose the radio option ‘Allow buttons downloaded from App Store and identified developers.’
But what would you do if the App is neither found in the App Store or from an identified developer? حسنا, we can help you find your way around this peculiar issue.
How can you install apps from other sources in MacOS Catalina?
Once you disable Gatekeeper, you will be able to install apps from anywhere without any problems. While removing the security feature entirely might not be possible, you can easily disable Gatekeeper security feature either temporarily or permanently. Here is how you can disable Gatekeeper:
اختيار 1: Utilizing Terminal to disable Gatekeeper
- 1. In your MacOS Catalina, افتح ال طرفية; you can do this by heading towards the Applications folder and then the Utility folder.
- 2. Add in the key in the command ‘sudo spctl –master-disable‘ and press the enter button. في حال تم, you will be prompted to enter the admin password; click on Enter once you are done with the authentication.
- 3. التالى, you have to open the ‘تفضيلات النظام.’ Head over to the ‘Security and Privacy‘ and then to the General tab. هنا, navigate to the section ‘Allow apps downloaded from'; you will see the option labeled as ‘Anywhere.’ Select the option and save all the changes.
This change in command only adds a third option to the Gatekeeper. من هذا, we come to know that you have the option of installing apps from unknown third-party sources; it just has been hidden away very charily. You can easily find the option with a few steps and then download apps from unknown sources. You do not have to disable Gatekeeper security feature here exactly.
ومع ذلك, it is also important to mention that making use of this particular method will only risk the security of your Mac. As a precaution, you should always install apps that you can verify and trust completely. بالإضافة إلى, you need to be sure to conceal the ‘Allow apps from anywhere‘ option if you are sharing your Mac with other people; you can do this by opening the Terminal and entering the code ‘sudo spctl –master-enable.’
اختيار 2: Making use of the Applications Folder to open apps
Here is how you can use the Applications Folder to open apps from unknown sources:
- 1. Pull the Downloaded App to the Applications Folder.
- 2. You can either press the control button on the keyboard and click on the App or simply right click on the application itself.
- 3. هنا, you will see the options. Drag the mouse pointer towards ‘افتح‘ واضغط عليها.
- 4. A warning pop-up box will be displayed and ask if you are sure that you want to go ahead of the task of opening the App. اضغط على ‘افتح‘ button to open the App.
اختيار 3: Disable Gatekeeper security feature temporarily
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to disable Gatekeeper temporarily:
- 1.Click on the App that you have downloaded from a third-party developer; you will not be able to open the application and will be blocked automatically.
- 2.Head over to the ‘تفضيلات النظام‘ ثم ل ‘Security and Privacy.’ Drag the mouse over the General tab; you will be able to see a message that reads something like ‘xyz was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer.’
- 3.هنا, سترى ‘Open Anyway‘ اختيار; click on this option, and the App will open.
All three methods mentioned above will work on a single app. This means that you can also use any other application on your Mac as well as the application from the unknown developer. لكن, each time you want to open an unknown app, you will have to follow any one of these three methods to disable Gatekeeper security feature. It is not as simple as downloading the App from the third-party website and opening it.
If you are a person who loves to download apps from the Internet, it can be a very mind-numbing and dull process to right-click on each one of them and open the apps like any other application by Apple. بالتالي, you will need the help of some codes to the Terminal that will give you total control on whatever App that you install on your Mac device. This means that you no longer will have to rely on what applications Apple chooses for you!
Gatekeeper on iOS devices
The iOS version of the Gatekeeper will only allow apps to be downloaded and installed from the App Store. The Gatekeeper settings here cannot be altered unless the iPad or iPhone has been jailbroken. But since Apple does not condone jailbreaking, you might violate your device’s warranty.
Making use of the Terminal is, حتى الآن, the best method to disable Gatekeeper security feature and install a third-party app on your Mac device without having to endure the tiring process of creating an exception for each one of them. With the help of this single method, you will be able to download, التثبت, and use these apps as many times as you want with ease, no matter the source.
Ultimately, Apple installed this particular security feature for the security of its customers only. بالتالي, opening unknown apps is not exactly for everyone. You need to be certain that the apps you are downloading and installing is safe and secure and will not affect your device in a negative manner. بالإضافة إلى, make sure that you have the latest antivirus program installed on your Mac to protect you from malware that can be mistaken as legitimate apps. Try to disable Gatekeeper as minimally as possible.