One of the first things which a lot of Apple users do when they get their new device is to check out the quality of the camera. As Apple continues to release more and more devices, they continue to work on the cameras that they provide with these devices in order to provide users with only the highest of quality photos and videos. The camera plays an important part in their devices as due to this constant upgrade, every new device has even better quality than their previous devices.
The thing about the Apple camera is that at one point or another, users will accidentally double tap when taking a picture, resulting in duplicate photos. Not only that, but even when the user doesn’t do this, duplicates will appear. In the moment, this won’t seem like a big deal, but over time these duplicates begin to take up more and more space and thus, we need to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini/iPad Pro. So, without further ado, in this article we are going to take a look at just how you can do that and the different methods which are available.
If you don’t have a lot of duplicate photos on your device and are wanting them out of the way quickly, then manually deleting the duplicate photos is an option.
Step #1 – Take your iPad and head into your “Photos” app.
Step #2 – From here you will be able to view all of the photos and videos that you’ve taken. At the top right, click on the “Select” option.
Step #3 – Take a few minutes to go through your photo album and select all of the photos that you’d like to have deleted from the device.
Step #4 – Once you’ve selected all of the duplicate images, click on the “Trash” icon located at the bottom of the screen and click on the “Delete X Photos” option which appears, where X is the number of selected photos.
This method is perfect if you don’t have too many duplicate photos on your device, although if you notice that you have hundreds of duplicates on your device, then it is without a doubt looking at some of the other methods which are available to you.
dr.fone – iOS Transfer is a fantastic program which has so much to offer, and while that’s the case, today we are going to focus on how you can use it to remove any duplicate photos on your Apple devices.
Step #1 – Start off by downloading the dr.fone program, installing it accordingly, and launching it.
Step #2 – After launching the program, go ahead and connect either your iPad Air or iPad Mini. It may take a few moments for dr.fone to detect that it has been connected, so be patient.
Step #3 – Once your device has been connected, click on the “Photos” option which is located on the top panel of the program.
Step #4 – After clicking on the “Photos” option, you will be shown all of the photos which are stored in the photo library of the device that you have connected.
Step #5 – Take a few moments to go through your photos and select each of the duplicates.
Step #6 – After selecting each of the photos which are a duplicate, simply click on the “Delete” button located above all of the photos.
Having to manually delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini can be a long and tedious task, and with the help of dr.fone, this task can go from being an hour long task to just a few minutes of time and effort. If you haven’t already been persuaded by this feature, take a look at some of the other features that dr.fone has to offer below.
dr.fone – Transfer (iOS) Additional Features
As you can see from above, if you’re looking for a program which you can use to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini in just a matter of minutes, then dr.fone is without a doubt the program for you. However, dr.fone offers many more features opposed to the main feature which we have focused in on today, so let’s take a look at some of them.
- Transfer files directly from one device to another, without having to copy the original files to your computer. Simply connect both devices, and the files are copied directly over.
- On top of being able to delete duplicate photos, dr.fone allows you to delete duplicate contacts as well as duplicate songs which you have on your device.
- Easily correct any misinformation which is stored about a song which is in your library (including the artist, missing album covers, song names, etc.)
- Backing up your music library is important as there is no predicting if data loss is going to occur. With dr.fone, you are able to back up your iTunes library in a matter of minutes. If data loss does occur, you are able to restore your iTunes library to your device too.
- dr.fone is compatible with not only iOS devices but Android devices too.
If you’re looking for a program to quickly deal with your photos on top of a lot of other media storage aspects, then purchasing the dr.fone – iOS Transfer program is definitely in your best interests.
If neither of the above methods appeal to you and you want to take a different approach when you have to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini, then you may want to consider using an application to take care of the job for you. Some benefits to using a mobile app over the above methods are:
- In order to delete the duplicate photos, you don’t have to have your device connected to a computer.
- Rather than having to sit at your computer while the process takes place, you are able to go on with your day as you would otherwise and keep an eye on your device.
- Generally more convenient.
The main thing is that it is more convenient to have an application which is installed on your device take care of the process rather than having to take the time out of your day to sit down at a computer and do all of it in one place. Convenience is important and can make the process less stressful. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the applications which are out there which allow you to easily delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini.
App 1. Duplicate Photos Fixer
The Duplicate Photos Fixer application is available across all Apple devices, although is only compatible with devices which have iOS 8 installed or higher (therefore some of the older Apple devices may not be compatible with this application).
Some of the key features of this application are:
- The application will automatically scan all of the photos that you have stored on your device and select the photos which it has found to be a duplicate.
- Recover wasted space which has been created by all of the duplicate photos which have been taking up space.
- Organize your photo album as you see fit.
- Delete several photos at once rather than having to delete them one at a time.
As you can see, this application has all of the tools that you need to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini in one place. If you’re looking for a simple application which all of the tools that you need, then this may be worth your while.
App 2. Photo Cleaner
Duplicate Photos Fixer isn’t the only option which is available when it comes to cleaning up your iPad’s photo album. If you weren’t sold on that application, then check out the Photo Cleaner application which provides similar features, although as just as many of them. The application itself is very user friendly and requires no previous experience to get started. So, let’s take a look at some of the features which it has to offer.
- Sort the photos that are stored on your device based on several different factors. Sort them by the date that they were taken, the size of the file, or by their name.
- Easily remove any duplicate photos in a matter of minutes.
- If you’re unsure about whether you need to remove more photos and want to see how much storage your photos are taking up, Photo Cleaner can provide you with all of the storage information that you need.
- Compression. This is the main feature which makes this app stand out from the others. With Photo Cleaner, rather than having to delete some of your photos to make more space available on your device, you are able to compress both the photos and the videos that are stored on your device. By doing so, you are able to reduce the size of these files by between 55% and 75%. This is great if you feel as though you are being forced to remove photos that you don’t want to and which you’d like to keep.
Both of these applications are fantastic and are perfect if you want an application to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini, although my advice would to be taking a look at the Photo Cleaner app as the compression feature is what really stands out from it.