You are reading this article because you are curious about a good M4P to MP3 converter, aren’t you? In fact, you may need to convert M4P to MP3 so the respective file will be mobile compatible. With this article, we will explain how to do it with the right kind of tool.
An introduction to M4P
M4P is an audio file format which is used by Apple (particularly in iTunes). As a result, any music file downloaded through iTunes come with the encoding of MPEG-4 and protected with AAC. Although M4P is compatible with iOS systems as well, many individuals prefer using MP4 instead. That is probably because the compatibility of MP3 files is far superior compared to M4P. With that said, here are some of the common benefits associated with MP3 files.
- Both smartphones and multimedia players continue to be compatible with the MP3 file format.
- M4P files are compatible with iTunes (which is offered with iOS), but everyone doesn’t own Apple devices.
- Some issues occur when you want to transfer M4P files
- You will have to convert M4P to MP3 before playing the files in a universal media player
- M4P doesn’t work with Windows Media Player (which is a very common player among Windows users).
Well, as per the information mentioned above, you will realize that you cannot use M4P in a universal player. If you use a device other than iOS, you will have to convert M4P to MP3 format. To do this, of course, you need an M4P to MP3 converter.
How to convert M4P to MP3 using iTunes (for Free)?
In this section of our article, we emphasize how to convert M4P to MP3 using iTunes. The best thing about this method is that ‘it doesn’t cost you a penny.’ We also emphasize how to burn those M4P files into CD using iTunes.
01. Converting M4P to MP3 with iTunes
The process of converting M4P to MP3 has three main steps. They are, downloading and installing iTunes, selecting the output format, and converting the files. Mentioned below is the process in a step-by-step format.
- First, get the iTunes downloaded on your computer and install it. After that, you should launch the same. Then, click on the iTunes tab and select ‘Preferences‘ (if you are on a Mac). If you are using a Windows computer, you should go to ‘Edit’ and select ‘Preferences.’
- Now, regardless of your operating system, you should go to the General button and click on ‘Import Settings.’ Then, select MP3 Encoder, which is found inside the ‘Import Pop-up‘ menu. You should then press OK to save the settings.
- If you intend to import songs, you will be able to import and convert them straightaway. The converted songs will appear in the iTunes library in the form of MP3.
- To select the songs in the library, you should follow these steps. Go to the ‘File‘ option and select the option called ‘Create New Version.’ Then, you should go to ‘Create MP3 Version‘. You can now wait for the file to be converted and ready. The iTunes library will be updated in a while.
02. Burning an M4P to CD using iTunes
In addition to converting, iTunes can also be used to burn M4P files to CD. If you want to know how to do it, you can read the following steps.
- Go to ‘Start‘ and select the option called ‘File.’ Then, go to ‘New‘ and select the option labeled ‘Playlist.’ You can then give a name to the list you have created so it will be easy to distinguish. Please note that a playlist can comprise of 18 to 21 songs.
- As the next step, you should go to the ‘File‘ option and select ‘Burn Playlist to Disc.’ You will then see a specific window appears with the title of ‘Burn Settings.’ Through this window, you will be able to configure the burner by selecting the speed or gap between songs. Also, it allows you to specify the format of the disk (under Disk Format). Once it is done, you can choose the option ‘Burn‘ so you can proceed.
- If you want to make a difference in the framerate and gain better quality, go to ‘General‘ first. Then, go to ‘Import Settings.’ After that, you should select MP3 Encoder from the option labeled as ‘Import Using.’
03. Differentiating the converted files
Now, what should you do in order to recognize the converted songs from DRM songs? To do that, you should go to the newly created playlist and then right-click the songs. Then, you will see the option called ‘Get Info.’ If the fields are blank, that is a converted song. Select either DRM or M4P in the comments section as well. Then, click on OK so you can proceed.
04. Adding comments
You will be able to have the new CD. You can go to the new album and click on the option labeled ‘File.’ Then, select ‘Display Duplicates.’ You can then add comments. And you can now proceed to select the DRM songs, right click. Then, you will have to select the option called ‘Delete From Library.’
Use a professional M4P to MP3 converter to make the job easier
Instead of iTunes, you can rely on professional software to get the conversion done easier and faster. As you may already know, the M4P file is protected by an option called FairPlay DRM. With this option, Apple intends to protect the copyrights. As a result of this option, however, many of the other devices don’t recognize the M4P file format. Therefore, many of the individuals tend to go for third-party software to convert M4P to MP3. Once the M4P is converted to MP3, it is recognized by all the devices in use today.
The best tool you can use to convert M4P to MP3 is Wondershare UniConverter. This tool was previously known as Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. In fact, this tool is capable of converting the audio files using very simple steps. Moreover, it is capable of converting over 1000 formats of files. It is a general acceptance that this tool can convert audio files 30 times faster than other tools. The output file of UniConverter will not be lost. Due to all these aspects, you can consider Wondershare UniConverter as the ideal option to convert audio/video files.
Features of Wondershare UniConverter
- It works with both Mac and Windows platforms.
- Support more than 1000 formats ranging from MP3 to WMA to WAV.
- It doesn’t cause any quality loss during the conversion.
- You can use this tool to reduce M4P file sizes (by altering the encoder, bitrate, quality, etc.).
- It features 30 times faster conversion speed compared to the other video/audio converter tools.
- It can simply burn the music into CD and convert CD to audio files easier and quicker.
- You can use it to record or download videos through various video-sharing platforms, including YouTube.
- A highly versatile toolbox that includes options like cast video to TV, GIF maker, video compressor, etc.
- It also has a screen recorder.
- You can use it to stream videos from Windows and Mac computers to devices like Chromecast, Roku, PS3.
How to convert M4P to MP3 using Wondershare UniConverter?
If you wonder how to convert M4P to MP3 using this professional tool, here are the steps.
Import the files to UniConverter
As the first step, you must download and install Wondershare UniConverter on your computer. Then, you should get the M4P files (which you intend to convert) imported to this software. To get this done, you should go to ‘Add Files‘ located under the ‘Convert‘ tab. Then, you can load the desired M4P videos as well. You can even add multiple files.
Choose the output format
Now, you should decide on the output format of the file. In this case, it should be MP3. However, depending on your requirement, you may choose a different file format as well. To do this, go to the drop-down icon located next to ‘Convert All Files To.’ Then, select the ‘Audio‘ option and pick the ‘MP3‘. Also, you should choose the quality of the output at this stage.
- In order to get some of the manual adjustments, you can use the ‘Create Custom‘ option. This is found in the ‘Settings‘ window. Once the settings are created, click on ‘Create.’
Convert the files
Now you should click on ‘Convert All‘ button if there are several files to be converted. You can also click on ‘Convert‘ option located next to each thumbnail. At the completion of the conversion, you can click on the ‘Converted‘ tab and get the MP3 audios.