If you just turned from your old BlackBerry to a new Samsung phone or tablet and searching for a method to transfer BlackBerry Contacts to Samsung device, you are in the right place here. In the article now, you will learn how to do the transfer through a professional third party transfer or via Bluetooth respectively. Please choose either method according to your preference. Just continue reading to learn more.
Method 1: How to transfer contacts from BlackBerry to Samsung with help of MobileTrans
Main Features of the Transfer – Wondershare MobileTrans
- Transfer SMS, Contacts, Call logs and more from your BlackBerry backup with ease and import them to Samsung model
- Works well with the original phone that runs on BlackBerry OS 7.0, 7.1 and 10.0 or later
- Most Samsung devices such as Samsung Galaxy S9 (Plus), S8 (Plus), S7 (Edge), S6 Edge+, S6, S5, S4, S3, Note 9, Note 8, Note 5, Note 4, Note 3, Note 2, Note, J7, J5, J2, A9,A7,A5,A3 are fully supported.
Step 1. Backup BlackBerry files before data transfer (Import)
To complete the transfer with help of the third party transfer, you will need to get your BlackBerry backup before the process. If you have already retrieved the backup, you can skip the step; if not, please continue reading to back up BlackBerry files.
It is quite simple to make back up BlackBerry files. Please download Blackberry® Desktop Software for OS 7.1 or earlier or Blackberry® Link for OS 10 or later first and install it on your computer. Then please run it to bring up the starting window and connect your BlackBerry phone to computer. After detected, your BlackBerry will be displayed in the starting window. Please click “Back Up” button to make the backup.
Step 2. Launch MobileTrans & connect Samsung to PC
After getting BlackBerry files, please now get the program Wondershare MobileTrans and install it on your computer. Then run it by double clicking to bring up the starting window. After these, please connect your Samsung to computer via a USB cable. The program will detect your Samsung device and show it in right side of the starting window.
Note: We now provide you free trial version of the program, you can now download it to have a try before purchasing it.
Step 3. Now, just import BlackBerry contacts to your Samsung phone/tablet
As you can see in the left side column of the starting window, please click the little-inverted triangle, and you will see a drop-down menu. Please choose BlackBerry backup file to bring up the BlackBerry backup files you ever prepared. Just choose the files you want to transfer and then click “Start Transfer”, the program will start to transfer the files you need automatically.
Method 2: How to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to Samsung via Bluetooth
Besides the third party tool, you can also transfer contacts from BlackBerry to Samsung via Bluetooth. Here are steps for you:
- Step 1: Now, please open your Blackberry and go to “Options”, then click “Networks and Connections” and select “Bluetooth Connections”.
- Step 2. When bring up the Bluetooth screen, please just click to turn on Bluetooth on your Blackberry. Then turn on Bluetooth on your Samsung by “Settings” > turn on Bluetooth on your Samsung device.
- Step 3. After turning on Bluetooth on both phones, please now turn to the Bluetooth screen of the BlackBerry phone and click “Add New Device” and the “Search”. Your BlackBerry will start to search surrounding devices automatically. In the result screen, please find your Samsung device and choose it.
You will need to confirm both of your phones, just click the button “Yes” and “Accept” on your Samsung phone. Now choose your Samsung device on the Blackberry, you will then see a dialog. Choose “Transfer Contacts” to start the transfer.
Note: You ought to keep the two devices connected via Bluetooth during the whole process to ensure the success of the task.