You may get videos in various ways to play on your computer. For instance, you can use a DVD, USB Flash, external hard disk, smartphone, memory card, etc. Regardless of the storage media, some of these videos actually give you some troubles during playback. 0xc00d36c4 is one of the most common issues you may experience and needless to say how annoying it is.
If you have experienced a 0xc00d36c4 error, you are not alone. There are plenty of other individuals who experience the same issue and looking for a resolution. In this article, we will explain how to address this 0xc00d36c4 issue successfully and help you out.
What is 0xc00d36c4 error code?
Before we look into the solutions, let’s get to know more about this error. In general, 0xc00d36c4 tends to appear when you deal with MP4 files. However, that doesn’t mean that this error is limited to MP4 only. Some individuals say that they have experienced the same issue with other file formats as well. But this error tends to appear mostly with the files that are created by users. That means videos they have created using smartphones or other handheld devices. Also, the same can occur especially with files that are converted from another format (for instance, MOV to MP4).
In Most Cases, 0xc00d36c4 Error appears while Playing MP4 Files. Some may have difficulties playing other file formats too. Many users have reported that they see this error when they try to play files that are created by them. Which means Videos Created through Smartphones or GoPro. The possible causes behind this issue are;
- The file format doesn’t support the media player you are using
- The video file has the wrong codec
- The video file is corrupted
How to repair the erroneous MP4 files?
If the issue 0xc00d36c4 occurs due to a corrupted or damaged MP4 file, the solution is to repair it. In fact, corrupted MP4 files can be seen very often with Windows Media Player, Groove, etc. Well, if you have created or edited videos and you experience this issue, let’s repair the files. Even if you are an absolute beginner, repairing a video is exceptionally easy thanks to Recoverit Video Repair tool. In fact, Recoverit Video Repair tool is an advanced tool that comes with various features to repair videos easily. Many individuals consider it as one of the most professional and powerful video repair tools in the market. It supports video formats such as MP4, MOV, M4V, F4V, 3GP, etc. and many other formats.
Features of Recoverit Video Repair
- It can fix 0xc00d36c4 error that occurs while playing videos
- It can repair the header corruptions in video files
- You can use it to repair the errors found in the movement of the video
- It can repair the sound corruptions of video files
- It can repair the corruptions in video frames ad slider movement
- And it works with both Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac platforms10.9 – 10.15.
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to repair the video.
1. First of all, you should download the Recoverit Video Repair tool and get it installed. Then, you will see an option called ‘Add Corrupted Video.’ Click on it. Then, click on the ‘Add’ button to drag the faulty video that needs to be repaired here.
2. Now, please select the corrupted video from the list and then click on the option labeled ‘Repair’ button. The video repairing process will start now.
3. Once the repairing process is done, you can preview the file to check if they are well repaired or not.
4. If not, you have another choice with the ‘Advance Video Repair’ mode. Please just add a sample MP4 video to be analyzed by Recoverit Video Repair. That sample should come from the same storage & in MP4 format too.
5. Now, you can save the file straight away on the computer. Just choose a destination to save the file.
The process is easy, fast, and effective. All you have to do is to download the software and use it.
If you experience 0xc00d36c4 issue with an original file;
If you have not edited or converted the file, you should try turning off the video file’s copy protection. To do that, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Start menu and type the text ‘Media Player‘ in the search bar. Then, open Windows Media Player.
- Towards the left-hand side of the Windows Media Player, you should find an option called ‘Organize.’ Click on the button labeled ‘Options.’
- Now, open the tab labeled Rip Music.
- You should now uncheck ‘Copy Protect Music.’ Click on OK so you will be able to apply the changes.
- The error will not occur once again.
If not, you can download the required codec pack to play the video file. That is because, in certain cases, video files give 0xc00d36c4 error because of the missing codecs. You can search and download the video codec pack called K-Lite for this process.
If the problem persists, you can try the VLC player and see if it can play the file.
Use a data recovery software to recover the deleted original video file
Is the video file damaged or corrupted due to an attempt to convert or edit? In that case, the best thing is to recover the original video files from a computer or USB device. However, to get this done, you will have to go for a powerful file recovery software. This is exactly when software like Recoverit comes to play.
Main features associated with Recoverit Video Recovery Software
Now, in this section of our article, we will explain the most notable features associated with Recoverit.
- This software is capable of recovering deleted and lost video files in a very convenient manner.
- Recoverit Video Recovery can recover files from various sources like USB Flash, hard drive, SD Cards, Smartphones, etc.
- You can use this software to recover lost videos due to various reasons.
- It can recover data that are lost due to formatting, virus attacks, system crashes, accidental deletions, etc.
- This software is compatible with recovering video formats such as MP4, FLV, SWF, AVI, MOV, 3GP, MPG, etc.
Let’s see how to recover deleted files using Recoverit Video Recovery Software.
- As the first step, you should download and install Recoverit Data Recovery software on your computer. When you launch the software, you will see that its home screen gives a simplified interface. This screen clearly shows the connected storage devices and all the hidden partitions on the computer.
- All you have to do is to select the preferred drive where your videos are stored. For instance, if you have stored videos in ‘D‘ drive, just select it. The best thing about Recoverit is that it allows you to recover data from external storage devices as well. So, select the drive accordingly. In fact, if required, you can select the specific folder so the recovery process would be even faster. Then, you should press the ‘Start‘ button to begin the process of recovering.
- After hitting the ‘Start‘ button, you will be able to notice that a second page is appearing. This page shows all the video files that can be recovered using this software. If necessary, you can simply check the option called previews. With this option, you will be able to make sure if you are recovering the exact file.
- In general, Recoverit will take about 07 minutes to perform a scan on a 1TB storage device. Well, this time can vary depending on various reasons. Although portable storage devices might have smaller storage capacities, they have plenty of data inside. Over the course of time, data can gather in a hidden directory. In that case, there will be plenty of recoverable files within the respective device. As a result, it will require plenty of time to recover data off such a file. So, you should expect longer durations for larger devices.
- The most important thing about Recoverit is that it allows you to recover a large range of files. For instance, it allows you to recover audio, video, documents, and many other files with ease.